132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Full Job Description
Salem Academy and College, the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country by its founding date of 1772, invites applications for an Admissions Counselor reporting to the Associate Dean of Admissions.
The Admissions Counselor promotes Salem Academy and College to prospective students and organizations. Responsibilities include working to increase inquiries and convert applications into enrolled students and managing a recruitment territory by contacting, visiting, and informing prospective students about the Academy and College's culture, mission, and life on campus. The person in this position is also responsible for planning and participating in on-campus and virtual recruitment programs for the Academy and College. This position is highly integral to the continued growth and vibrancy of the institution and will administer all aspects of the academy and college search and admissions processes with prospective high school and transfer students and counselors. This position works with other staff to assure enrollment goals are met regarding applications, acceptances, and enrolled students. Overnight travel and evening phoning are required.
About Salem Academy and College:
Salem Academy and College is the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country. Since 1772, the institution has engaged in transformational change to innovate women’s education. Founded with the mission of making education accessible to all, Salem has a rich 250-year-old history and a long-standing track record of educating students who are prepared to make a bold impact locally, nationally and globally through liberal arts education. Our graduates are committed to making the world a better, healthier and more equitable place. Salem College is the nation’s only liberal arts college exclusively dedicated to developing the next generation of health leaders.
Salem College has more than 40 full-time faculty and over 150 staff members who support approximately 500 students including full-time undergraduates, part-time students and graduate programs. Salem recently received the largest philanthropic gift in its history with a $5M anonymous donation focused on enabling our health leadership transformation as well as a $3.6M estate gift to support the College. Salem completed its 250th-anniversary campaign this year exceeding a $12.5M goal.
U.S. News & World Report 2022-2023 Rankings, ranked Salem College No. 1 among all National Liberal Arts Colleges in America as a Top Performer on Social Mobility. Our institution has rapidly moved up the national ranking for Social Mobility, from No. 10 in 2020 and No. 4 in 2021 to No. 1 in 2022. Salem College is also ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the No. 2 National Liberal Arts College in North Carolina. Salem has been ranked among the top three National Liberal Arts Colleges in North Carolina for the past seven years. In addition, Salem College was ranked 6th in the nation for college affordability last year.
Salem College is located in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, a vibrant college town known as the “City of Arts and Innovation". Winston-Salem is a lively academic community, home to six institutions of higher education and more than 26,000 students. Winston Salem has a collaborative and engaged academic community with strong private and public schools, excellent healthcare systems, and affordable housing. The Winston-Salem area also offers a rich variety of cultural opportunities and has a vibrant art and restaurant scene. Within a few hours of campus are mountains for skiing, camping, or hiking; rivers for whitewater rafting; and the beautiful ports and beaches of North and South Carolina.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule visits to high schools, community colleges, participate in college fairs, and other recruitment events, including virtual events, to communicate the educational opportunities available at Salem Academy and College to external populations, i.e., prospective students, parents, alumni, community college transfer students and adult learners.
- Host and assist with planning on-campus and virtual events to include campus visits, open houses, information days, scholarship receptions and other on-campus events to help visitors get to know the campus and learn about the opportunities and advantages Salem Academy and College has to offer. Identify and recommend scholarships for students who demonstrate merit as the recruitment process progresses.
- Communicate with prospective students, school administrators, guidance and/or college counselors and other vital decision makers in the college planning process in person, via phone calls, written and electronic communication, or through current technology to develop and nurture relationships to encourage enrollment and attendance at Salem.
- Interpret and analyze data from completed recruitment activities to determine those that have been the most successful in improving overall yield and establish goals for the approaching recruitment year. Develop and implement a territory recruitment plan to maximize recruitment efforts for an assigned territory and enhance support of overall admission goals.
- Document all student interactions and information that will be beneficial in the recruitment and reporting process. Compile and assess data, develop and prepare reports of recruitment activities, successes and challenges to Admissions and Enrollment Management administrators.
- Assist with Academy recruitment activities and programs.
- Schedule, lead and direct the work of a student employee who will help develop the territory's application pool.
- Build relationships with faculty and Academy and College staff.
- Perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as appropriate.
● Bachelor’s degree.
● Strong computer skills to include proficiency in the following: Google suite, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and the ability to conduct Internet research.
● Knowledge of the college experience, program majors, and the pre-admission and admission processes.
● Develops questions and listens to responses in order to determine what the prospective student needs and where they are in the admissions and registration process.
● Ability to organize and work on a number of assignments concurrently.
● Ability to make sound, independent judgments.
● Knowledge of college-wide referral resources for students including those who have learning or physical/mental special needs.
● Flexible and creative in meeting the individual needs of the diverse prospective and new student population.
● Ability to prepare and analyze statistical information for tracking and reporting
● Strong organizational and planning skills with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines along with attention to detail
● Must possess the skills to collaborate, communicate and cooperatively work with faculty, staff and administration
● Possess excellent written and interpersonal skills. Must have experience presenting to small and large groups
● Committed to the values and environment of an educational institution and its mission and goals
● Ability to deal effectively with confidential information
● Ability to work extended hours (nights and weekends), as needed
● Ability to travel extensively; must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving records
● Background and/or experience in a health-related field or institution, preferred.
To apply, please send a letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com. The letter of interest may be addressed to the “Search Committee.” The review of applications will begin immediately and will be ongoing until the position is filled.
Salem Academy and College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winston Salem, NC 27101: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- College Admissions: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*