132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 6 New Jobs Today.
Financial Services Representative/Counselor
Financial Services Representative/Counselor
Student Financial Services, Lincoln Center
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
- Fordham University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to its employees, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
- We offer tuition remission for employees and their dependents
- A generous employer match towards a 403(b) retirement plan.
- As a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), Fordham is considered a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, a federal program designed to forgive student loan debt for employees of certain public and certain nonprofit employers.
- As part of its work-life balance program, the University provides generous PTO including 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, 2 personal days, 6 summer Fridays, and holidays that include paid time off between Christmas and New year.
- University employees have access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). EAP provides no-cost, professional, and confidential services, to help employees and family members address a variety of personal, family, life, and work-related issues.
Under the direction of the Campus Director for Student Financial Services, the Financial Services Representative/Counselor counsels students and families regarding all aspects of financial aid and payment options through various communication means such as in person, by telephone, by email, etc.
The Financial Services Representative/Counselor provides administrative effectiveness and financial aid services through an emphasis on individual attention to students and high quality customer service.
- Advises families and students on how to pay for a university education, including all sources of assistance and the delivery system for financial aid.
- Takes responsibility for the marketing and formulation of individual payment plans, i.e. monthly payment plans and alternative loan options.
- Works proactively with enrolled students to monitor progress through the payment process.
- Has involvement in all areas of financial services and financial aid administration, including but not limited to the counseling of students and parents, processing of applications, packaging, and facilitating the use of financing options.
- Manages specified financial services procedures and programs as assigned.
- Supports compliance with procedures for all programs.
- Assists with development of computer programs and reports to support functions, as well as implementing and testing of updated software.
- Interacts with other University offices.
- Performs Financial Aid, Financing and Admission presentations.
- Participates in professional development workshops.
- May be required to work at other Fordham campuses. Some evening and weekend work required.
- Assumes other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; or in lieu of the degree, a minimum of 4 (four) years of relevant experience
- Administrative and management skills required.
- Effective oral presentation skills.
- Commitment to quality customer service.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
- Minimum three years’ diverse experience in either financial aid administration or related field.
- Experience in customer-oriented or consumer credit financing.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and financial aid software.
Minimum Starting Salary: $50,700.00
Maximum Starting Salary: $52,270.00
Note: Salary is commensurate with qualifications, experience, and skills.
FLSA CATEGORY: Non-Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY HERE: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/5219
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities