132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Small Business and Diverse Supplier Lead Consultant
Job TitleSmall Business and Diverse Supplier Lead Consultant
Our Procurement Services team directly impacts Notre Dame’s mission to change the world by helping our campus partners achieve their goals and steward their resources. In this newly-created role, you will expand the reach of our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts by building relationships with minority-owned small business suppliers in our local area: by buying from these sources, we seek to bolster our own community through business – and change the world right here at home.
Excited? Us, too! Here’s what we’re looking for you to accomplish in the first three years of the role:
- Work with University Sourcing & Procurement experts to identify several spending categories in which to pursue diverse suppliers.
- Initiate and cultivate new relationships with external vendors within the scope of this role, building trust with consistent communications, education, and support for them to be successful earning bids from Notre Dame (and beyond)..
- Develop strategic communications and education for top campus leadership and departments to increase understanding of, and enthusiasm for, the University’s commitment to this program.
- Learn, collaborate, and share with community organizations like the South Bend Regional Chamber, Indiana Black Expo, etc. as well as other colleges and universities.
We want you to love this job! And be successful, of course. So, here are some of the key things we think will be important to bring to this new role:
Fearlessness: ready to jump in, talk to everyone, learn everything, ask questions, make mistakes, try new things, have challenging conversations, and jump in again – always moving forward for the benefit of everyone. No two days will be the same!
Commitment: understand and believe in how this work will positively impact Notre Dame and the community we live in, and be able to get others excited about it, too: even when faced with challenges.
Relationship Building: meet new people; build trust and relationships with internal campus partners, regional groups, and especially underrepresented suppliers who might be a great vendor match for Notre Dame. Make people feel welcome and valued.
Great communication: clear, consistent, and timely communications; find ways to share resources and best practices that lead to success; create new events like supplier showcases and recognition awards (See “try new things” above! – and don’t worry, you’ll have help with any events you create); listen carefully to understand, and make sure all are heard.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to learn more about you – please apply! We know this is a bit of a hybrid role with elements of business development, procurement and DEI work – we can teach or train some of it, so if you don’t meet every single one of the requirements below, but meet all of those key things we just listed above – please apply anyway!
What’s in it for you?
Besides our outstanding benefits and working on our beautiful campus? Well, you’ll work with a dynamic team that encourages independent work, giving you the empowerment to make decisions that are driven by the mission of the University. And they’re amazing people, too! You’ll be encouraged to try new things, think about creative solutions, ask really good questions, and learn: with opportunities for career development all along the way. And most importantly: your role will make a direct, positive impact on the University AND the regional community we all share.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 to 2 years professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great planning and analytical skills
- Experience managing clients, constituents, or portfolios: coordinating multiple projects or deadlines with multiple stakeholders, timelines, and objectives
- Problem-solving mindset and attention to detail
- Experience with & comfortable using Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite
- Commitment to the principles of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to ensure all feel welcome and included by Notre Dame
These are not required; having one or more of these qualifications may increase your chances of being seen as a Top Candidate, but please still apply if you haven’t learned these skills yet:
- Business development experience
- Experience partnering with Senior Leader
- Some knowledge of purchasing, procurement, strategic sourcing, and supplier relationship experience
- Exposure to e-procurement and e-sourcing systems would be great .
- Appropriate industry knowledge in the assigned commodity area
DepartmentProcurement Services (56000)
Family / Sub-FamilyFin Mgmt / Procurement
Career Stream/LevelEIC 3 Specialist
Department Hiring Pay RangeUp to $75,000 - Commensurate with experience
FLSA StatusS1 - FT Exempt
Job Posting Date (Campus)05/19/2023
Job Posting Date (Public)05/19/2023
Job Closing Date06/11/2023
Posting TypeOpen To All Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postingshttps://jobs.nd.edu/postings/30762
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities