132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Senior Payroll Accountant
Controllers Office, Rose Hill
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
- Fordham University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to its employees, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
- We offer tuition remission for employees and their dependents
- A generous employer match towards a 403(b) retirement plan.
- As a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), Fordham is considered a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, a federal program designed to forgive student loan debt for employees of certain public and certain nonprofit employers.
- As part of its work-life balance program, the University provides generous PTO including 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, 4 personal days, 6 summer Fridays, and holidays that include paid time off between Christmas and New year.
- University employees have access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). EAP provides no-cost, professional, and confidential services, to help employees and family members address a variety of personal, family, life, and work-related issues.
Under the direction of the Director of Transaction Services, the Senior Payroll Accountant will support Assistant Payroll Manager in research, analysis, and reporting activities.
- Reviews payroll processes, creates efficiencies and back up processing of biweekly payroll
- Reviews, manages, streamlines and documents processes related to
- Tuition remission (and related refunds)
- Direct Deposits
- Tax Forms
- Nonresident aliens
- Assists with 403B audit.
- Prepares/processes/reconciles manual check requests.
- Bridges gap between NRA process and payroll services.
- Monitors and follows up on unclaimed property.
- Coordinates stops and reissues understanding the impact on external reporting.
- Is direct contact to assist with payroll bank reconciliation. Works with the BI team to obtain proper reports to increase efficiency in the payroll reconciliation process.
- Collaborates with IT to complete electronic tax forms.
- Analyzes processes that require printing and scanning documents, time sheets, tax documents, etc.
- Develops efficient reconciliations between Banner/w-3/ADP for year-end.
- Leads for special payroll related payouts,
- Performs other payroll projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting.
- Minimum two years experience in accounting/HR/Payroll.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and BI Reporting skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Initiative to implement changes and curiosity to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines.
- Ability to build successful relationships with various stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the University.
- Organized, self motivated and detail oriented.
- Team player, as well as having ability to work independently and willingness to take on challenges.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
- Experience in payroll in higher education setting
- Payroll accounting and process automation experience
- Experience with Banner
Minimum Starting Salary: $78,000
Maximum Starting Salary: $80,000
Note: Salary is commensurate with qualifications, experience, and skills.
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY HERE: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/5206
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities