132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Principal Business Intelligence Analyst
- Job ID:
- 450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Work Location:
- PTL Remote: 2-3 days remote/wk
Do you enjoy solving problems with data? Do you want to make an impact with your work at a mission driven, world class medical center? Do you want to know that your analytics work is viewed organizationally as a strategic differentiator?
Clinical, Operations, and Business Analytics (COBA) is a subdivision of the Dana-Farber Informatics and Analytics department led by the Chief Data and Analytics Officer that is responsible for building a world class analytics environment, enabling measurability and transparency of key institute KPIs for improved decision making.
As a Principal Business Intelligence Analyst on the COBA team, you will be responsible for leading the “Ad Hoc Data & Reporting request delivery” team and will be the founding member of this team. This team will primarily focus on rapid turnaround of ad hoc business intelligence projects by translating stakeholder specifications into programming logic, creating insight-driving analytics/reporting and/or visualizations, and training end users on new reports/analytic outputs. The adhoc data and reporting requests will come from a wide range of domains like operational, clinical, financial and primarily from stakeholders that are not formally supported today by the COBA vertical support model.
The day-to-day tasks of the team will involve triaging requests, and rapidly executing on them leveraging existing data (from Epic and other systems) in the enterprise data warehouse and developing analytics leveraging the Tableau platform. These responsibilities require an in-depth understanding of DFCI’s data and data structures. In addition, the Principal BI Analyst role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with COBA verticals, stakeholders, and the analytics community at large.
The Principal BI Analyst will be expected to triage and help support new adhoc projects, function with the support of their manager within a fast-paced environment, work on different projects/tasks concurrently, and serve as a data advisor to stakeholders as ad hoc reports are developed. Assignments will include complex data analysis projects that can be multi-disciplinary or interdepartmental. The Principal BI Analyst will work with a variety of tools (ex: SQL, Excel, Tableau, etc.) to access data, write queries, develop programming logic, run reports, manipulate data, and analyze datasets to meet the needs of institute. The Mission, Vision, and Core Values of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute are incorporated into all areas of practice.
The Principal BI Analyst will also collaborate with the Enterprise Data Warehouse team to address data requirements for analytic reporting, as well as other Informatics and Analytics (I&A) teams with expertise in specific data systems and/or analytical methodologies.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
- Collaborate with manager to develop an efficient and effective operating model for adhoc request delivery that is agile and dynamic
- Independently lead end to end delivery on multiple adhoc requests/projects (Business Intelligence projects) on time and of high quality.
- Lead the hiring of resources within the adhoc delivery team
- Collaborate with COBA verticals for knowledge transfer of domains related to adhoc requests and build expertise in multi domains.
- Guide and work collaboratively with the verticals in central COBA team, leverage common assets and refer to existing deliverables used by customers
- Coordinate with verticals in COBA depending on data domain involved and manage queue of requests, delegate deliverables, assign QA responsibilities, track work of adhoc team
- Collaborate with EPIC Reporting team – set touchpoints to triage requests and ensure efficient use of resources
- Independently manage multiple adhoc requests/projects including ongoing client (external as well as internal) interactions
- Lead business requirement gathering and curate useful and specific data to influence strategic decision-making: write queries, run reports, synthesize data, interpret, and explain results of analysis
- Track projects in tools leveraged by COBA and report on various Success Metrics like – Volume of requests filled, Turnaround time for requests, new audiences supported, etc.
- Close requests in request queue in expected SLA and to satisfaction of the requestor
- Actively engage in enhancing the breadth and reach of COBA across the institute
- Foster an institute-wide analytics community of practice by training users, analysts, and stakeholders
- Remain open-minded about data exploration, vet work with the support of team members and ensure accuracy of all reports before delivering end-results
- Contribute to institute-wide stewardship of data through analysis of existing reports and data sources and discussions with institute leaders
- Escalate issues, concerns, and problems which may hinder achievement of deadlines and or/ accomplishments of responsibilities to manager promptly
- Perform other similar and related duties as required or directed
- Bachelor’s degree required in STEM field.
- 5+ years of experience in Analytics or Business Intelligence performing quantitative analysis with at least three years in healthcare or life sciences.
- Working knowledge of Epic EMR and proficiency in Clarity data model a plus.
- Experience growing and managing a similar team a plus.
- Experience translating business needs into technical requirements to build and transform data into valuable, easy to understand insights
- Expert at writing complex SQL queries that blend data from dozens of sources for analysis, visualization, or reporting
- Expert at building data visualizations (preferably in Tableau) to communicate complex ideas and enable data-driven decision making at all levels of the organization
- Expert Project management & client service skills
- Triage, Track, execute and close incoming requests
- Consistent communication on request status
- Sets appropriate expectations with team members, stakeholders
- Possess ability to function independently in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a history of effectively working and communicating with all levels of internal and external technical and non-technical staff
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Curious and motivated learner
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities