132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Accounting Adjunct Instructor - Undergraduate College
National Louis University’s Undergraduate College is seeking Accounting Adjunct Instructors to join our team.
Who we are:
We are a team of dedicated educators who have been working together to build an amazing program that supports first-generation students with a focus on the holistic student. We work fearlessly to educate and retain our students. As a result, we have exceeded national benchmarks through our approach to holistic coaching and data driven, personalized instruction. Our educational model is student-focused, expects excellence, provides personalized support in a data-driven environment, while grounded by pillars of continuous improvement and innovation to structure our work.
Founded in 1886, National Louis University is a private not-for-profit university offering programs through the doctoral level. NLU is also classified as an Engaged Institution by the Carnegie Foundation and has been named as a top ten institution by Money Magazine where its alumni believe they are making the world “a better place.” The University has had more Golden Apple Award winners among its graduates in teacher preparation than any institution across the state. The University has a deep commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and is among the top 25 most diverse national universities according to U.S. News and World Report (2019). Graduates from NLU enter the workforce earning an estimated $43,000 per year after graduation, ranking NLU among the top five of all Illinois post-secondary schools. The University has received more than $80 million in funding for applied research projects in urban development, child development, school improvement, and teacher preparation. NLU recognized as a national leader in closing the post-secondary completion through its innovative approach to undergraduate education. NLU is located in the center of Chicago’s downtown loop, across the street from the Art Institute, in an area which has been recognized as America’s largest campus with over25 institutions and 50,000 students attending a college across the city. In addition, the University has several suburban locations and a Florida regional campus. A
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES
Demonstrate excellence in teaching:
- Collaborate with faculty team to develop an effective student experience for students.
- Facilitate courses by delivering engaging instruction in a blended or remote, synchronous classroom environment.
- Empower students to develop competency by sharing a passion for the subject and skills being taught.
- Utilize technology-based teaching platforms, including but not limited to an adaptive courseware engine to aid students in the development of competencies. Communicate professionally and relate well.
Demonstrate, maintain, and continuously strengthen content expertise:
- Maintain current and active content knowledge in the expertise area that is reflected in instruction.
- Possess appropriate expertise as demonstrated by appropriate credentials. Maintain current knowledge of field.
Promote student success with a proactive, high expectations, high support approach:
- Demonstrate and share a passion for postsecondary success for diverse learners and for teaching.
- Demonstrate flexibility in delivery and work schedule to provide personalized student support (includes but is not limited to office hours).
- Identify gaps between student needs and existing resources and services; generate creative resolutions.
- On-campus presence on days when not teaching.
- Track student course data weekly in multiple university data systems as needed. Engage in regular data-driven planning meetings with faculty, coaches and support specialists to report student progress and obstacles and to plan student support interventions.
- Engage in regular content area team meetings with peer faculty to review curriculum plans, determine implications of student data, and plan curriculum revisions.
- Participate in continuous improvement of UGC curriculum.
- Actively document and share suggestions for curriculum revision with lead faculty to support ongoing revision/enhancement of UGC curriculum.
- Create, attend and actively participate in training opportunities provided in online and in-person settings.
- Contribute to a learning culture by participating on committees, supporting local campus events such as orientation and graduation, and participating in various other workshops and meetings.
- Passionate about working with a highly diverse student body. Excellent facilitation and classroom management skills.
- Agile and creative in pedagogy and student support. Prepared, yet flexible.
- Empathetic, yet structured.
- Ability to differentiate instruction and support based on student needs.
- Ability to consistently connect instruction to its real-world relevance, tying in concepts and theories in the classroom to students’ current and future work experiences and highlighting immediate applicability.
- Willing to pursue and support students in multiple modalities.
- Technology proficient, including experience with digital tools for teaching, and teaching in either online or blended/hybrid formats.
- Willing and able to use data to inform instruction.
- Effective adult collaboration skills, able to work in teams to support student success.
- Experience using a learning management system. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experienced educators who EXPECT and DESIRE to grow pedagogically.
Experience and/or Education
- Master’s degree or higher in Accounting, or closely related field; Or Master’s degree; and 18 graduate semester hours in Accounting, or closely related field.
- Experience with digital tools for teaching, teaching in either online or blended/hybrid formats
- Teaching to students of diverse backgrounds and abilities strongly preferred.
- Spanish-English bilingual or experience teaching English Language Learners a plus
Special Instructions: Please attach scanned or downloaded copies of official transcripts for all graduate and terminal degrees completed and for all relevant graduate coursework. Official documentation from the university(ies) via mail or e-transcript may be required if approved to teach any course(s).
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities