132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Management/ Business Instructor - Adjunct Everglades University
Adjunct instructors are primarily responsible for instruction and classroom/student maintenance. Adjunct instructors will not participate in the employee benefit programs.
- Attend a weekly feedback meeting with assigned EU administrator (Dean of Academic Affairs, Academic Advisor, or Program Director) to review student and classroom issues
- Maintain accurate attendance (daily and weekly)
- Make phone calls to students who have been absent
- Review and administer pre- and post-testing in all appropriate courses
- Administer required surveys and assessments in all appropriate courses
- Notify registrar of changes in roster
- Prevent “do not admit” students from entering class until cleared
- Maintain an accurate and fair grading scheme for each student
- Adhere to all University policies, rules, and regulations
- Maintain formal, neat, legible, accurate, and organized course syllabi
- Update attendance daily and grades weekly; ensure any physical student records of attendance and grades remain on campus in the designated area
- Conduct class according to scheduled times
- Prevent excessive breaks
- Avoid dismissing classes early
- Arrive at the University 20 minutes before the start of class fully prepared for each session
- Be available to students 15 minutes prior to the beginning of class session for questions and advising
- Submit grades no later than Monday 5pm EST following the end of each term
- Ensure that students adhere to University Policy
- Attend, if possible, graduation ceremonies
- Maintain classrooms in a clean and orderly manner
- Motivate, encourage, and assist students with academic issues and class attendance
- Maintain current and accurate information related to the subjects taught
- Complete annual professional development plans
- Tutor students as necessary
- Abide by all State, Federal, and/or University laws and rules pertaining to safety, health, and conduct
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities