132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Assistant Director, Office and Business Services
Assistant Director, Office and Business Services
Strategic Sourcing, Rose Hill
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
- Fordham University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to its employees, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
- We offer tuition remission for employees and their dependents
- A generous employer match towards a 403(b) retirement plan.
- As a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), Fordham is considered a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, a federal program designed to forgive student loan debt for employees of certain public and certain nonprofit employers.
- As part of its work-life balance program, the University provides generous PTO including 10 vacation days, 12 sick days, 4 personal days, 6 summer Fridays, and holidays that include paid time off between Christmas and New year.
- University employees have access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). EAP provides no-cost, professional, and confidential services, to help employees and family members address a variety of personal, family, life, and work-related issues.
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Sourcing & Office Services, the Assistant Director, Office and Business Services is a dynamic and dedicated professional responsible for the general oversight, management, development and administrative planning for office and business services at Fordham University.
The Assistant Director will assist the Director as the key business development agent for the University’s on- and off-campus retail operations across the institution. The Assistant Director fosters a sense of growth and excellence by championing new business strategies while streamlining operations processes and encouraging organizational change by developing strategies for growing its various business ventures. The Assistant Director will assist the Director in facilitating projects within Strategic Sourcing and Finance that will advance sustainability and environmental justice at the University.
- Assures contract compliance with the terms and conditions of the retail services agreements in relation to operational items such as operating hours, merchandising, pricing, marketing, customer service, product quality and technology through document review, physical inspection, website content, and customer interaction.
- Acts as contract negotiator and contract manager to ensure that University interests are aggressively advocated for, protected, and contracted services meet the short-term as well as long-term strategic needs.
- Ensures accurate financial reporting, timely sales/commission/reconciliation reports and payments, invoicing, chargeback, physical inventory and other tracking, as required.
- Collaborates with vendors to ensure continued development of programs, increased business growth and high levels of customer service to University community.
- Reviews financial performance relative to budget and examines opportunities for further business development. Assists in the management and development of the University’s licensing program.
- Acts as a catalyst for generating new revenue streams and collaborating with various on-campus entities such as the retail store, athletics and legal counsel office.
- Negotiates campus beverage, vending and other product contracts.
- Researches product lines best suited for higher education retail operations, develops pricing and marketing strategies, negotiates financial reward for exclusivity provisions, monitors volume sales versus contract volume hurdle requirements, ensures proceeds are dispersed appropriately, works with company account managers to develop and monitor the success of sales channels and the efficiency of daily delivery and stocking services.
- Assists the Director in providing direction, training and guidance to Office Services staff; assigns, reviews, and evaluates work of Office Services staff.
- Acts as a liaison and point of contact on a day-to-day basis for the various business services partners on campus to maintain existing operations.
- Reviews and approves expenses posted against the budget and ensures that revenues are posted when finalized.
- Ensures prompt and accurate payments to vendors as identified in the various vendor contracts, as well as timely and accurate payments from vendors as identified in the various contracts.
- Monitors preventive and routine maintenance schedules of University equipment and facilities used by vendors.
- Oversees processes and communication/marketing campaigns between suppliers, students, the administration, the community, and parents.
- Participates in University and campus community relations by representing department at meetings and serving on committees as needed.
- Provides direction and oversight to University printing and basic design operations.
- Provides ongoing two-way collaborative communication channels so that input from customer segments is heard and analyzed and new initiatives are discussed ensuring not only a visionary and innovative but also a responsive atmosphere in each unit and Office Services as a whole.
- Determines and negotiates appropriate financial return for each operation. Identifies management staffing required and participates in the hiring of all key management hires.
- Assists in the advancement of sustainability projects.
- Establishes new goals in response to emerging campus and community priorities.
- Advances opportunities where the Fordham community can join in the work of promoting environmental justice and sustainability.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or other related degree required; or, in lieu of the degree, a minimum of four years of related experience required.
- Entrepreneurial experience, ideally in a college/university or similar environment.
- 5-7 years of professional experience, with evidence of increasing professional responsibility.
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills to create and implement new processes, organizational ways of working, and implementation of new systems to help the University achieve operational excellence.
- Experience with RFPs, negotiations and contract management for a broad range of services
- Proven interpersonal skills, including excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively negotiate contracts and serve the university community at large.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
- Knowledge of licensing programs; marketing principles and practices.
- Experience managing and directing teams of at least 5 members.
- Passion/interest in race and gender equity. Act Inclusively.Ensure that actions and behaviors are respectful; show empathy and treat others with dignity. Leverage capabilities and insights of individuals with diverse perspectives, abilities and motivation.
- Highly proficient experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity.
Minimum Starting Salary: $105,000
Maximum Starting Salary: $115,000
Note: Salary is commensurate with qualifications, experience, and skills.
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY HERE: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/5099
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities