132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Visiting Professor of Management - Strategy
Summary: The Davis School of Business is seeking candidates for a Visiting Professor of Management with an emphasis in Strategy. The position is a full-time, one-year assignment, starting August 2023. This position will be an on-site role and almost all instruction is to be completed in-person. As a member in the Davis School of Business you will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses primarily in Business Strategy with an opportunity to teach in Operations Management, if qualified. This position will be searched as a tenure-track Assistant Professor for the academic year of 2024-2025 and the Visiting Professor will be invited to apply!
Colorado Mesa University (CMU) is a state-funded institution that emphasizes quality teaching and research, having embraced the teacher-scholar model. The Davis School of Business is currently seeking AACSB accreditation and is in its sixth year of the initial self-evaluation process and expecting our final site visit November 2023.
The standard teaching load is 12 credit hours per semester; courses are delivered on-campus, online and hybrid. In addition to teaching, scholarship within your discipline is expected along with advising students and service at the school and university level.
CMU is a modern campus nestled in the Grand Valley in beautiful western Colorado, home of Colorado's wine and fruit country (including the famous Palisade peaches), with close access to some of the best outdoor activities in the region including skiing, hiking, biking, fishing, river rafting and kayaking, and many other outdoor activities. CMU, Grand Junction, and the Grand Valley offer a great environment for quality of life and work/life balance.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- A terminal degree (PhD or DBA) in Management, Business Administration, Strategic Management, Operations Management, or related discipline with significant coursework (at least 18 graduate credit hours) in Strategy; ABD with a dissertation defense date and completion of all degree requirements on or before August 2023 will be considered.
- Experience teaching college-level Strategic Management courses.
- An active scholarship agenda for peer-reviewed journal publications. This could include traditional research, scholarships of teaching and learning, and applied research. Candidates should demonstrate they can maintain "SA" qualifications as indicated on Davis School of Business Faculty Qualifications.
- Evidence of professional activities.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching.
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- Applicants with dual qualification in both Strategy and Operations.
- Business industry experience is strongly preferred given our hands-on, application-oriented approach in the classroom.
Salary: $85,000.00 - 90,000.00. Commensurate with education and experience. Excellent health and retirement benefits package: Click here for more information!
Department: Colorado Mesa University
Employment Type: Faculty
HOW TO APPLY
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
How to Apply: Applicants will be asked to complete an online application by creating a profile and then providing personal and demographic information. In addition, please be prepared to upload a:
- Cover letter describing qualifications and experience as they relate to the specific requirements, responsibilities, and preferences of the position.
- Curriculum Vita (CV)
- Include the name, phone number, email address and relationship of at least three professional references who can attest to your ability to perform the job you are applying for. Professional references should include at least one current or former supervisor. Professional reference may also include current or former employers, colleagues or other professionals who have first-hand knowledge and can recommend you for employment.
- Copy of transcripts for all degrees completed (if your transcripts include a social security number or birthdate, please redact that information before uploading the document. Official transcripts will be required upon hire)
Direct Inquiries Contact: Dr. Carlos Baldo, email@example.com
ABOUT COLORADO MESA UNIVERSITY
Colorado Mesa University provides exceptional educational opportunities on a state-of-the-art campus located in Grand Junction. As western Colorado's largest university, CMU serves students on its main campus in Grand Junction, its satellite campus in Montrose, its community college, Western Colorado Community College and via online offerings. Founded in 1925, it's a dynamic university enrolling more than 11,000 students at the associate, baccalaureate and graduate levels.
At the heart of the CMU experience is an integrative and experiential approach to higher education that encourages students to think differently and empowers them to challenge assumptions. CMU brings students together with expert scholars and thinkers from different disciplines to make connections between ideas and gain the skills to solve the unstructured, complex problems they'll encounter in life. Our focus is on providing quality academic programs, built on a strong liberal arts core that support students' interests and regional employment needs, as well as technical programs that respond to vocational workforce demands.
The Grand Valley is home to some of the best outdoor recreation in the state of Colorado and you won't have to fight traffic and crowds to enjoy it. CMU is surrounded by the Grand Mesa, Book Cliffs and the Colorado National Monument. We have world-class mountain biking, rock climbing, hiking, and rafting. In addition to a mountain resort that's less than 45 minutes from campus for skiing, snowboarding and cross-country skiing. Living and working in Grand Junction, you will be able to explore one of Colorado's best kept secrets.
Colorado Mesa University is particularly interested in candidates who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and who have a demonstrated commitment to improving the levels of access and success for underrepresented students within higher education.
Colorado Mesa University is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. Applicant must be able to verify U.S. employment eligibility. Colorado Mesa University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a culturally diverse faculty, staff and student body. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact the CMU Human Resources Office by phone or email. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities