132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Towson University (TU) is one of the nation’s top 100 public universities. Located north of Baltimore, TU currently enrolls more than 19,000 students and is the second-largest university in the prestigious University System of Maryland. Towson University values diversity and fosters a climate that is grounded in respect and inclusion to cultivate the intellectual and personal growth of the entire university community.
Towson University’s Division of Strategic Partnerships and Applied Research is currently accepting applications for a Business Specialist that will support and assist the Division's StarTUp and BTU teams with daily operational activities. This role will support a variety of functions for these teams within the Division, including building operations, bookkeeping, administrative and reception support. The Business Specialist will be joining a highly motivated and collaborative team focused on building internal and external relationships. The Business Specialist will report to the StarTUp located in the heart of Towson, a one-of-a-kind, 26,000 sq. ft. two-story building, headquarter of the Accelerator and the home of Towson’s largest free co-working space; accessible to public, businesses, government, while offering a space to develop a network of relationships and a culture of innovative creators.
StarTUp Daily Operations:
- Support daily operations of StarTUp co-working space, business engagement space and entrepreneurship programming.
- Provide reception functions for the space, including creating an accommodating and welcoming atmosphere for clients and visitors.
- Manage building key coordinator and electronic card access duties for StarTUp.
- Maintaining office supply inventory and equipment.
- Manage the facilities maintenance work orders and housekeeping services communications for the building.
- Provide administrative support including such as answering calls, document management, space reservation management, visitor inquiries, and tours of StarTUp space.
- Provide support with scheduling meetings, including supporting email communications, arranging speakers, managing room reservations, and catering as needed.
- Support and assist with reporting and Salesforce including maintaining contract database, collecting information, and running reports.
- Assist visitors with building technology including, co-working lockers, connecting devices to monitors and conference room systems.
- Assist in planning and implementing programming and events.
- Process honorariums and other STRATUS Accounts payable transactions.
- Provide expense reimbursements for Executive Director.
Office of Partnerships Support:
- Monitor and process incoming BTU requests for financial support (transportation, enrichment, faculty fellows, etc.) through the BTU Database and report out at weekly team meetings.
- Connect with faculty and staff to get partnership information entered into the BTU Database
- Work with the Data & Engagement Manager to support ongoing database updates including quarterly updates to the BTU Story Map
- Process BTU enrichment requests from departments across campus
- Coordinate BTU transportation and parking requests by sharing incoming inquiries with Transportation Services
- Work closely with the Data & Engagement Manager to track overall funding requests and ensure budget alignment.
- Process HR forms and payment related information for student employees and honorariums supported by BTU.
- Support Council meeting and other event preparations.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 year work experience, with 6-months minimum of bookkeeping experience.
- Spreadsheet design and formatting.
- Skilled in customer service and a passion for ensuring visitors/stakeholders have a positive experience/interaction.
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial and/or startup community environment.
- Self-starter, high-energy, high focus
- Needs to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-moving environment.
- Comfortable to work in an open and transparent team environment.
- Ability to organize projects independently.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and time-sensitive issues for various stakeholders with time urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail, quality.
- Strong interpersonal skills, teamwork, verbal, and written communications are a must.
- The highest level of integrity and the ability to maintain confidential information are a must.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office products including SharePoint, web conferencing tools, various team messaging systems and group survey tools.
- Output is expected to conform to established policies and procedures.
- Compliance with university policies, procedures, and guidelines for financial reporting and budget requirements.
- Prior experience working in a startup company or within the startup ecosystem is preferred and passion for the entrepreneurial/startup community. Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
Competitive salary and full University benefits that include 22 days of annual leave, up to 14 holidays, personal and sick days; excellent health, life, and retirement plans; and tuition remission.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities