132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Adjunct - Accounting
Hawai‘i Pacific University is designated as an Alaskan Native and Native Hawaiian (ANNH) Serving Institution by the US Department of Education. As such, we strive for accurate displays of the Hawaiian language in all our institutional materials. This includes the appropriate use of diacritical marks such as the ‘okina and kahako. Unfortunately, at times external vendors and other third-party technology integrations do not support the use of these characters. Mahalo for your understanding.
Serves as academic professional, delivering courses in Accounting and/or Business Math and providing service to and on behalf of the University.
Master’s degree with 18 credit hours in Accounting related course work or a Ph.D./DBA in Accounting
- A broad knowledge of accounting practices and principles
- Able to teach classes in-person, flexible times during days, evenings, and weekends
- Able to teach classes at multiple locations on Oahu
- Master’s Degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Experience teaching financial and/or managerial accounting in a university setting to a culturally diverse student population
- Experience teaching Business Math in a university setting
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Visa sponsorship and relocation allowance is not available for this position
- Must meet training and background check qualifications and comply with the Protection of Minors policy.
- Able to teach classes in financial and managerial/cost accounting, as well as, Business Math.
- Must submit tuberculosis clearance upon hire.
- Successful candidate will be able to work in an environment that utilize excellent time and stress management skills.
- Report to work obligations to support the department and may require work during HPU’s winter break, if necessary.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions:
1. Teaching (90%)
- Develop a syllabus that includes course activities that meet the requirements of the course, establish appropriate student learning outcomes and provides for appropriate class activities throughout the term.
- Plans and delivers individual class sessions that conform to the syllabus and other requirements of the university.
- Maintains records on student participation and performance and assigns course grades in a timely manner.
- Integrates in-depth knowledge of content area, teaching, and learning into instructional practice
- Incorporates appropriate performance assessments into coursework.
- Understands assessment technology, uses multiple forms of assessments in determining effectiveness, and uses the data to improve practice.
- Meet deadlines and following directions of the program/department chair or dean of the college.
- Actively participates as an effective member of team by completing assigned duties, accepting additional assignments or reassignments.
500 Ala Moana Blvd Ste 4-545
Honolulu, Hawaii, 96813
We seek talented and energetic people who thrive on challenge and innovation in supporting the mission and values of our university. HPU offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities