132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 6 New Jobs Today.
Accounting Instructor/Assistant Professor
Faculty teach assigned courses in a manner that facilitates student learning and mastery of course material. Faculty also participate in course and curriculum development, program and course assessment, student advisement, college service and professional development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach assigned courses in accordance with the College’s approved course description and competency-based student learning outcomes.
- Incorporate appropriate teaching-learning strategies, technologies, and assessment methods for evaluation of student learning into the course.
- Integrate information literacy and writing into courses as appropriate.
- Follow the College’s guidelines for preparing and submitting course syllabi.
- Meet all scheduled classes and adhere to the academic schedule, which includes final exam times and other program-related testing.
- Assess student learning outcome achievement and incorporate results into discipline appropriate course planning and personal professional development activities.
- Participate in course, curriculum, and program assessment activities.
- Collaborate with Program Coordinator/Program Director/Division Dean in the development and revision of courses of study and curricula.
- Engage in activities that facilitate student achievement of learning outcomes, such as ongoing feedback, and consultation as needed.
- Maintain scheduled office hours.
- Submit required reports on student attendance and course progress according to published deadlines.
- Collaborate with appropriate Student Services personnel to address perceived student issues which may require special attention.
- Engage in on-going professional development that promotes currency in discipline knowledge and instructional methods.
- Attend scheduled divisional, discipline, and general faculty meetings and participate in student advisement, faculty professional development day, convocation and commencement, as required by the contract.
- Provide service to the College and represent the College in the community as delineated in the collective bargaining agreement and faculty promotion guidelines.
- Adhere to professional and ethical standards of conduct.
- Prepare for and instruct classes in the discipline of Accounting. Primary courses to include financial, managerial accounting for majors and non-majors.
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- Master’s degree, or its equivalent, in accounting or related field from an accredited institution required. Doctorate or terminal professional degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to teach undergraduates of all abilities. Community College teaching experience preferred.
- Exhibited evidence of continued professional growth and development.
- Demonstrated commitment to the use of innovative instructional techniques and technologies and use of course management systems
- Demonstrated commitment to the use of a variety of teaching activities to address diverse learning styles.
- Demonstrated commitment to the incorporation of information literacy resources, technology, research, writing and culturally diverse perspectives into the curriculum.
- Knowledge of competency-based education preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to continual assessment of the teaching-learning process.
- Demonstrated commitment to work with diverse populations, such as under-resourced groups and first-generation students.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to a comprehensive community college philosophy.
- Previous teaching experience in accounting required.
Montgomery County Community College (MCCC) has a strong institutional commitment to diversity and is dedicated to excellence through diversity in education and employment. MCCC, an EEO Employer, provides equal employment and educational opportunities to all who are qualified. In keeping with the College’s diversity initiative, MCCC seeks and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, those who have had multicultural experience, and those who can demonstrate a commitment to diversity.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities