132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst / IT Manager
How to Apply
A cover letter and resume are important submissions for the hiring team to get a sense of your experience. In the cover letter, in one page or less, please let us know how this role aligns with your career aspirations and skill set. Submit your attachment as one file (because of system limitations).
As the Senior Business Intelligence Analyst (BIA), you will develop reports, graphs, dashboards and portal interfaces appropriate for audiences throughout our school to support storytelling and strategic initiatives. As a part of this role, you will gather source data and identify opportunities to enhance reports so team members can proactively identify issues, improve our analytics and support data-informed decision-making. You will report directly to the Chief Administrative Officer.
For more information about us, visit https://stamps.umich.edu/. Note that you will be hybrid with an expectation of both on site and remote work. The Stamps team continues to align work location expectations to a residential college experience.
Why Work at Michigan?
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Develop functional strategic goals and business processes that inspire or increase organizational value.
- Use tools such as SQL, R and Tableau to analyze information, summarize findings and next steps.
- Design reports and graphics for audiences ranging from senior leaders and Dean and the general public.
- Deliver graphical presentations to internal staff, committees, and other constituencies including dashboards, reports, portal interfaces.
- Lead business process improvement discussions, make recommendations for improvement and scope out BI related projects.
- Develop project timelines and resource plans, define requirements, identify risks, create project documentation, report status to team and partners, track and escalate issues.
- Develop and manage comprehensive data structures and extracts
- Help develop communication related to the analysis, interpretation, and distribution of finance, development, admissions, enrollment, marketing, and student services data.
- Create and support backend databases for administrative needs.
- Develop supporting documentation.
- Automate our processes.
- Serve as the IT manager for the Stamps School of Art & Design
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field.
- 4+ years of progressively responsible experience in data analysis and visualizations.
- Applied experience using data analytics and business intelligence reporting tools such as Tableau, SQL, SAS, or others.
- Proficiency in project management best practices including implementing data studies or audits.
- Knowledge of database structures and data architecture relevant to the development of dynamic reporting.
- Knowledge of data warehousing tools and business intelligence systems (for example, Business Objects).
- Interest in working with diverse teams across a large organization.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment and applicants for this position will not be sponsored for work visas.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities