132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Business Adjunct Faculty- (EVENING COURSES) Fall 2023
Faculty member’s responsibilities shall be teaching courses as assigned.
Characteristics, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Teaches assigned courses in accordance with description published in catalog and the approved course syllabus, in accordance with schedule of classes and incorporating interactive approaches, technologies and methods when possible.
- Incorporates an appreciation of diverse lifestyles, cultures and national perspectives into courses.
- Incorporates the use of the library into courses, uses writing as an instructional method, and utilizes computing and other academic technologies in courses when possible.
- Meets all scheduled class meetings.
- Advises Division Dean/Assistant Dean of absences in a timely manner.
- Maintains accurate grade and attendance records for students enrolled in classes and submits required reports to Dean/ Assistant Dean or Student Records Office.
- Submits grades per published deadline.
- Participates in assessment of learning outcomes and demonstrates the use of the results of these assessments in course planning.
- Plans in advance to ensure availability of supplies, textbooks, and classroom equipment requisite to successful teaching of assigned classes.
- Submits progress reports on students for counseling, athletic oversight, and record keeping purposes and discusses with counselors and other appropriate personnel any problems of students which may require special attention.
- Adheres to College policies and procedures.
- Master’s Degree in the discipline required unless otherwise specified.
- Some teaching experience is required.
- Official college transcripts must be submitted prior to interview. Additional official transcripts must be submitted to Human Resources upon hire.
- Teaching experience at the community college level.
Competencies and Skills Required
- Certification or license as needed and appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to teach undergraduates.
- Willingness to use alternatives educational delivery systems and instructional techniques.
- Commitment to incorporation of library, computers, writing and culturally diverse perspective into the curriculum.
- Knowledge of competency-based education.
- Commitment to the practice of providing for out-of-class interaction with students.
- Fundamental competency in the use of information technology.
- Commitment to continued assessment of the teaching-learning process and its outcomes.
- Commitment to continual professional growth and development.
- Demonstrated mastery of subject matter of discipline.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- This position’s duties are normally performed in a typical interior/residence work environment, based on the activity scheduled.
- Some physical effort required; however, the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Some travel required.
Union College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, religion, age, disability, handicap or other legally protected status in its provision of employment, education, and activities, or other services.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities