132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Adjunct (Part-time) Instructor—Accounting
Full Job Description
Unclassified Employment Opportunities
Position: Adjunct (Part-time) Instructor—Accounting
Department: Academics, Career and Technical Education
Reports to: Chair of Business Technology
Nunez Community College is seeking a part-time (adjunct) instructor of Accounting who will prepare, support, and deliver instruction of courses in the Business Information program to a diverse student body in a variety of modalities, including on-campus, web-based, and hybrid courses. The adjunct instructor will also contribute to curriculum development, program assessment, and student advisement activities.
Demonstrated Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The ideal candidate must have the ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students, employees, and our local community, one in which every individual feels respected and valued. The Accounting Instructor must demonstrate cultural humility and the ability to work with a college community with diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities and veterans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide instruction in both face-to-face and online classes, including preparing and delivering curricula and supporting and maintaining a positive learning environment.
- he ability to teach most courses in the college’s Accounting program, especially Principles of Accounting I and II, Managerial Accounting, Tax Accounting, and Principles of Financial Accounting.
- Foster student learning, development, and workplace readiness through quality instruction and mentoring/advising activities.
- Participate in assessment at the program, departmental, and college level for ongoing improvement and in relation to special tasks or projects.
- Assist Program Chair with scheduling of Accounting courses.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Instruction or Vice Chancellor for Education, Training, and Student Success
- Master’s degree or PhD in Accounting or a closely related field, or a minimum of 18 graduate hours in the subject area.
- Demonstrated success in training or education.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of the content area and the ability to teach it effectively.
- Effective classroom management, including maintaining a positive learning environment.
- Records Management.
- Knowledge and commitment to institutional mission and values and the ability to work with stakeholders across the college to achieve and uphold them.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, all unofficial transcripts and contact information for three professional references to: email@example.com (Include Adjunct Accounting Instructor in the subject line)
All applications are confidential, and references will not be contacted without the expressed authorization of the applicant.
Incomplete applications will not be forwarded for review.
It is the policy of Nunez Community College not to discriminate based on sex, creed, color, race, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability in its educational programs, activities, or employment policies as required by Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments and other Federal and State anti-discrimination laws.
ADA & EOE
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities