132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 5 New Jobs Today.
How to Apply
You must apply through the UM Jobs website (umjobs.org). Your application package must include a cover letter, not to exceed one page, describing how this position fits with and advances your career goals, and your resume in order to be considered.
(30%) Work with external vendors and internal staff to maintain and administer the Accounts Payable function
- Compile ledger data on a weekly basis via Accounts Payable online system
- Prepare weekly wire transfer from University funds to outside checking account
- Process external wire transfers to artists/vendors
- Prepare secure checks to external vendors
- Reconcile Bank of America cash on a monthly basis
- Download American Express statements and provide to management to assign appropriate codes and then enter codes into weekly voucher for monthly upload
(25%) Journal entry processing
- Prepare, process and post weekly journal uploads
- Prepare, process and post regular monthly upload (i.e. show revenue, prepaid expenses, depreciation, online donations, service charges, credit card transfers, etc.)
- Prepare, process and post semi-annual settlement journal entries related to affiliates
- Prepare, process and post annual year-end closing entries
(20%) Administrative tasks
- Assist the VP, Finance & Administration in various special projects and other duties as directed
- Take meeting minutes at Budget and Finance Committee Meeting and provide transcribed minutes for Board approval
- Manage calendar of VP, Finance & Administration
- Oversees office supply purchases
- Prepare daily cash deposits
- Run adhoc reports as necessary
- Assist with providing back-up financial documentation to auditors
- Assist with annual budget process
- Assist with monthly budget variance reports
(20%) Human resources support
- Process all HR related transactions within the UM PeopleSoft inclusive of postings, hiring processes, team member changes, compensation, assist with onboarding/offboarding, etc.
- Stagehand hiring paperwork and payroll
- Monthly sales tax submission to university
- Manage student staff related human resources transactions and assist with onboarding/offboarding
(5%) Assist in the timekeeping functions for all regular and temporary staff members
- Continually update dataset with current staff
- Send reminder’s for time approval to supervisor to approve time for biweekly, temporary and monthly staff
- Download gross pay registers for biweekly, temporary and monthly staff and input to financial report for month end reconciliation
- Upload department annual increases to the University system
What You'll Do
The accounting clerk is an administrative partner whose impactful work supports the efforts of the finance and HR operations. Under minimal supervision, performs entry-level accounts payable, HR transactional tasks, and accounting tasks. Accounting tasks such as, reconciles accounts, checks for accuracy, and posts journal or voucher entries. You will report directly to the VP, Finance & Administration.
Who We Are
Housed on the campus of the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, UMS is one of the oldest performing arts presenters in the country, committed to connecting audiences with performing artists from around the world in uncommon and engaging experiences. With a program steeped in music, dance, and theater, UMS contributes to a vibrant cultural community by presenting approximately 50-60 performances and over 100 free educational activities each season. UMS also commissions new work, sponsors artist residencies, and organizes collaborative projects with local, national, and international partners.
UMS was selected as one of the 2014 recipients of the National Medal of Arts, the nation’s highest public artistic honor.
UMS values a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. UMS supports recruiting and cultivating a diverse workforce, as it reflects our commitment to serving the diverse people of Michigan and beyond.
Please visit our website: https://ums.org/
- H.S. Diploma or higher
- Demonstrated ability and experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable, and reconciling financial accounting data, as evidenced by 1-3 years of work experience.
- Demonstrated awareness and ability to understand accounting fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Products, especially advanced functions in Excel.
- Demonstrated customer service competencies as evidence by the ability to focus on the needs of others resulting in being recognized as a provider of choice.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal skills as evidence by clear written procedures and/or oral presentations resulting in messages being understood by constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to be a positive influence on the work team as evidenced by an approachable, positive attitude resulting in increased collaboration and support of group initiatives.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail, and a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Knowledge of accounting concepts, practices, and procedures
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures
- Experience working in a non-profit organization
- Experience working with a performing arts organization
- Experience with MPathways (Peoplesoft), Concur, Business Objects Querying/Reporting Tool
This full-time position is based in Ann Arbor, MI. UMS Hybrid work agreements are reviewed annually and are subject to change depending upon business needs.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities