132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 5 New Jobs Today.
Business Systems Analyst Intermediate
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Health Information Technology & Services (HITS) plays a role in the success of Michigan Medicine by providing clinicians, educators, researchers, students, and staff with technology-related information, products, and support. HITS also provides institutional expertise related to IT strategy, security, infrastructure, and resource management.
The Academic IT (AcadIT) division in Health Information & Technology Services (HITS) serves both the education and research communities at the University of Michigan Medical School (UMMS). We engage faculty, students, and staff to provide a holistic portfolio of software and applications, infrastructure, device support, and custom projects to enable innovation and excellence. AcadIT is comprised of three areas that work in concert to provide support: 1) Application Services - focused on product management and support for vendor applications; 2) Software Delivery - focused on designing and building custom applications when a vendor solution is not available and offering secure application environments; 3) Technical Services & Engagement - focused on providing support for high-performance computing, device management, data integration, and scientific programming as well as proactive engagement and outreach with our customers.
Are you a passionate person who’s creative, flexible, and experienced in reading between the lines? Do you excel at working with customers to understand their needs? Do you love to resolve technical challenges? We're seeking a motivated and creative Intermediate Business System Analyst (BSA) to join our Academic Applications team within Health Information Technology and Services (HITS). Our team provides technical expertise and administrative support for the Michigan Continuing Medical Education (MiCME) application used by the Office of Continuing Medical Education and Lifelong Learning (OCME&LL). Our business partners in the OCME&LL office encourage high-quality continuing medical education (CME) designed to enhance patient care by improving physicians' knowledge, competence, and performance. They serve and support the institution, CME planners, and individual CME participants within and beyond Michigan Medicine to achieve professional and clinical excellence.
You will play a crucial role in ensuring our physicians can efficiently track and fulfill their continuing medical education requirements. This position requires an individual who’s creative, flexible, and experienced in reading between the lines to gather customer requirements, recognize and address ambiguities, capable of thinking outside the box to resolve technical challenges, and partnering with faculty and staff to implement and optimize application solutions.
The Academic Applications team is responsible for maintaining a broad portfolio of applications that enable research and medical student education and provides technical expertise and administrative support for the CME tracking system. You will report to the manager of the Academic Applications team.
- Administer, configure, and provide operational support for the MiCME application
- Assist in deploying and testing new software versions
- Create release notes
- Analyze the business needs
- Create concise documentation of requirements, process maps, and data definitions
- Translate requirements into proper specifications
- Develop custom end-user reports
- Develop end user training materials
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory standards applicable to CME
- Work with the team to achieve its goals
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience in a related discipline
- 3+ years of professional experience
- 3+ years of experience in a wide variety of business analysis techniques including gathering, translating, prioritizing, and documenting requirements, data and system analysis, design, and system testing
- Demonstrates ability to conduct root-cause analysis for problems of varying levels of complexity. Can understand and clearly articulate business and technical concepts
- Demonstrates ability to apply knowledge from new business domains with demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Willingness and a strong aptitude to learn new technologies, understand technical information and communicate it to others using clear, concise, and user-friendly language
- Flexibility and adaptability to a changing environment is required including the ability to manage under deadline pressure, ambiguity, and changing priorities
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with those with differing opinions and levels of understanding. Uses effective strategies and materials to build consensus among differing opinions
- Demonstrate skills in leading meetings, developing and delivering presentations, using formal/informal networks to accomplish tasks and objectives
- Proven collaboration, delegation, management, and mentoring skills
- Respects diversity; demonstrates respect for and seeks the opinion of others; trusts and values each person’s contributions to the team, develops and maintains smooth, cooperative working relationships
- Knowledge of Oracle and/or other database systems
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience working with CME tracking tools such as EEDS, CloudCME, Cadmium
- Experience working in medical education or supporting medical education applications
Work Schedule/Remote Work Options
This position is being made available with the ability for you to negotiate alternative work schedules and remote/on-site options to suit your work-life balance. Non-Michigan residents should inquire about potential employment while working remotely in a state other than Michigan. Apply to be part of a strong team that partners with our institution, community, and others.
We offer a benefits package that includes comprehensive training and career development opportunities, generous retirement savings plans, ample paid time off, and a wealth of family care support: https://careers.umich.edu/benefits
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations, and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research, and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three essential components; patient care, education, and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities