132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 5 New Jobs Today.
Cincinnati State Technical & Community College needs a qualified staff accountant to work within the College’s Finance & Accounting Department. Cincinnati State is a state institution of higher education with an annual budget of approximately $80 million. The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer for Cincinnati State.
The Staff Accountant position is a responsible for general accounting duties related to reconciliation of fund accounts, journal and other entries into our accounting system, interdepartmental invoicing and chargebacks, and fixed asset management. The staff accountant reports to the College controller and will work closely with other departments within Finance & Accounting such as Accounts Payable, Bursar/Treasury, Purchasing, and Payroll.
The successful candidate must have accounting training and experience, be reliable and able to work independently. Excel skills and experience working with large accounting systems is required. Advanced excel skills and experience in higher education and fund accounting is preferable. The position is a unionized position, part of the SEIU bargaining unit at Cincinnati State.
- Review and enter approved journal entries into the GL. File and maintain monthly journal entries.
- Prepare internal chargebacks for entry into the system.
- Reconcile Agency Fund account activity.
- Analyze and balance due to/due from accounts.
- Analyze inter-fund transfer accounts.
- Post daily transactions to the general ledger.
- Preform as Internal Auditor to P-Card Activity.
- Act as back up to Purchasing and Accounts Payable areas as needed.
- Assist the Controller in monthly reconciling of the balance sheet accounts.
Restricted Funds - Financial Aid/Grants
- Record aid expenditure activity for Federal and State Programs-PELL, OIG, SEOG, Federal College work study and other Federal and State Financial Aid Programs.
- Reconcile the Federal Grant activity with Financial Aid before drawing the Funds from G5.
- Reconcile all Financial aid disbursements with the Financial Aid department on a semester basis.
- Assist the Financial Aid office with the preparation and validation of the Financial Aid FISAP Reports.
- Reconcile State Grant Activity with Financial Aid.
- Reconcile all Grant activity with general ledger and with Grant Managers.
- Report monthly the Grant Activity to the Grant Managers.
- Responsible for maintaining all restricted fund accounts and monthly balancing.
- Prepare the Foundation’s quarterly activity billing invoice and send it.
- Reconcile and maintain FX module in Colleague.
- Review monthly purchasing activity for assets requiring capitalization by query.
- Review State Capital/Construction activity for possible capitalization.
- Record disposals of PPE.
- Record the monthly depreciation activity.
- Maintain CIP (construction in progress) account detail.
- Assist the external auditors in the area of PPE.
Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Associates Degree in Accounting or demonstrable work experience comparable to such degree.
- 2 years professional accounting experience as a staff our junior staff accountant.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, is required.
- Proficiency in large ERP systems is required and proficiency in Ellucian/Colleague (the College’s ERP) is preferred.
- 4 years professional accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Experience in higher education or fund accounting.
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague (accounting system).
Reports to: Controller
Position Level: Staff Accountant
Comp. Range: $19.91
Pay Grade: 18
Contract Affiliation: SEIU
The College provides an extremely generous benefits package (health, dental, vision). The position is eligible for the state employee retirement system or may elect to take extremely competitive contributions to an alternative plan like a 401(k). The position is eligible for generous vacation, sick and paid time off for holidays, and College closures. The College’s benefits, retirement and paid time off are material to the salary package, and generally, significantly exceed the value of comparable benefits available for similar positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer ~ Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
To ensure preferred consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit an application and attach a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities