132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Strategic HR Business Partner
Are you passionate about collaborating with others to solve ambitious problems?
Do you consider yourself a change agent who likes to think outside of the box?
Are you motivated by helping others to be successful?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL!
We are seeking a highly motivated Strategic Human Resources (HR) Business Partner to join our fast-paced, quality-oriented team. We are passionate about our people and helping our leaders create an engaging and dynamic environment where our staff are able to thrive in a world-class technical organization.
As a Strategic Human Resources (HR) Business Partner you will...
- Partner with executive and senior leaders to identify, plan and implement strategic objectives that are in alignment with organizational priorities and emerging needs.
- Develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of your assigned customer organizations including their culture, needs, skills, and development opportunities.
- Analyze data, assess trends, and identify issues and opportunities to leadership at all levels.
- Work both independently and collaboratively to provide a broad range of services and data-driven, impactful solutions that strengthen organizational, leadership and staff capabilities.
- Serve as an internal consultant to all layers of leadership and staff on topics related to people and organizational issues.
- Act as a key point of contact for HR related processes, issues and/or questions.
- Participate in, and at times, lead the design, development, and implementation of programs/projects.
- Develop and deliver crisp and compelling written and oral communications and presentations.
- Support a range of strategic and functional HR areas such as change management, performance management, leadership and staff development, total rewards, interviewing, employee relations, organizational development, and inclusion and diversity
- Administer bi-annual salary review, including pre and post review analytics and advising leaders on application of compensation budgets.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
Possess a Bachelor's degree in a related field or have equivalent level of experience.
Have 5+ years of relevant progressive experience in HR.
Demonstrate exceptional communications and interpersonal skills and keen attention to detail
Demonstrate ability to navigate a fluid and agile environment while diving quickly into projects and initiatives
Are skilled in advising and influencing leadership on HR matters, identifying/assessing needs, and developing and implementing solutions.
Possess a working knowledge of both strategic and functional HR areas such as change management, leadership and staff development, total rewards, interviewing, employee relations, strategy development, organizational development, and inclusion and diversity.
Demonstrate strong project management skills with multiple areas of focus and demonstrated results producing high quality products and services.
Have the ability to bring creative and innovative perspective to programs/projects.
Can use data analysis to convey meaningful insights and actionable recommendations.
Are able to utilize strong collaboration, advisory, and negotiation skills to provide effective counsel and advice working in partnership with leadership and staff on key matters.
Have demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Are able to obtain a Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Possess a Master's degree and/or professional HR certification(s).
- Have HR generalist or HR business partner experience in a technical, matrixed organization.
- Have experience developing and implementing end-to-end Organizational Development programs.
- Can leverage experience in HR process design, optimization, and implementation.
- Have experience with Workday HRIS.
- Hold an active Secret clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at http://www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities