132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Senior Assistant Director of Graduate Business Recruitment
Hofstra University is nationally ranked and recognized as Long Island’s largest private university located in Hempstead, N.Y. When you work at Hofstra, you join a team of talented professionals committed to preparing students for the challenges of tomorrow, in an environment that cultivates learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. The work we do at Hofstra supports the education and well-being of our students, and the workforce of the future. While working towards this mission, employees can take advantage of many enriching experiences on campus. Whether it’s a lunchtime lecture, a Division I NCAA athletics game, a musical concert, a theatre performance, or a visit to one of our two accredited museums, there is always something exciting to do at Hofstra. Enjoy the ease of going to the fitness center, taking a swim, or grabbing a bite to eat without having to leave our beautiful campus! Hofstra University is dedicated to recruiting and retaining a highly qualified and diverse academic community of students, faculty, staff, and administrators respectful of the contributions and dignity of each of its members. We especially encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the full-cycle application process from the time they are prospective students, rendering decisions, and when needed, assist in the advisement of courses for their first semester.
- Determining scholarships based on academic performance.
- Collaborating with chairpersons and faculty for timely admissions decisions.
- Evaluating students’ admission packets (academic and extracurricular records, personal statement, letters of recommendations, standardized test scores, etc.).
- Attending undergraduate classes and club meetings to promote our dual-degree (accelerated) programs.
- Developing and assisting with enrollment strategies using analytical, metrics, fiscal, and other regular ad hoc reports to improve recruitment and processes.
- Present statistical reports to enhance recruitment strategies, forecasting, yield management, and operational efficiency.
- Host and present at Information Sessions, Graduate Open Houses, New Student Orientation, and other admissions related events.
- Traveling domestically to local colleges and career fairs to promote Hofstra graduate business programs and Hofstra graduate programs. Some evening and weekend hours required occasionally.
- Assisting with planning for new student orientation and events to support retention of current students.
- Interviewing, training, and supervising student assistants.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to work independently and multitask in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Successful candidates will have demonstrated a commitment to promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion in an educational environment.
- Master’s degree preferred.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities