132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Associate Director of Student Financial Services Information Systems
General Statement of Duties
Responsible for student information system analysis, development, and support for the Banner Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system as it relates to financial aid administration. Includes testing of Banner and upgrades and working with functional owners on design specifications as well as modifications to existing functionality.
- Configure and maintain the financial aid module to conform to state and federal regulation and user specification;
- Create functional/technical specification based on user requirements developed using system analysis and design methods for SFS;
- Manage the SFS new-year system implementation and daily production schedule.
- Manage Banner Financial Aid and Student Accounts data integration projects that impacts processing;
- Collaborate with SFS and Information Technology leadership to manage and support financial aid business process improvements.
- Ensure data integrity by identifying data issues and working with various college departments to continually improve data accuracy;
- Work collaboratively with respective teams to design business processes in systems configuration activities including the build, testing, validation, and documentation of system changes. Work with the technical team to translate the business requirements to technical requirements and coordinate with the technical teams to obtain the desired functionality, including reporting and system interfaces;
- Assist in identification of opportunities for implementation of new system features or features not currently in use, make recommendations and work with end-users to implement features or changes to improve efficiencies;
- Provide technical and functional support, consultation and training to functional staff on the appropriate use of programs;
- Support the Director of SFS with assessment of the effectiveness of SFS processes and systems;
- Contribute to developing policy with SFS leadership and produce standard operating procedures manuals for routine processes to facilitate complex transactions and to standardize procedures as needed;
- Direct activities and projects of Administrative Assistant and assessment of same, to include timely annual evaluation
- Bachelor's degree;
- Three years or more of professional experience in the financial aid industry;
- Experience collaborating and working on teams;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to address multiple tasks under dynamic and changing conditions;
- Previous experience creating efficiencies with current processes;
- Experience trouble-shooting and resolving malfunctions/problems of computer programs or systems in a quick and timely manner;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ellucian Banner experience;
- Programming experience in SQL or other programming language;
- Experience using, updating and managing Ellucian databases, preferably Banner;
- Project Management experience;
- Customer service experience in a community college environment.
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
Employee Status: Full Time
Hours per Week: 37.5 Monday-Friday 8AM-4PM
Number of Weeks: 52
Possibility for Remote/Hybrid work
Mount Wachusett Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities