132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Assistant Director, Field Education (Part-time)
As a diverse Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI), we center access, belonging, and equity-minded perspectives. We are seeking a part-time Assistant Director of Field Education who will demonstrate ethical conduct, professionalism, and a justice-centered approach in working with students, faculty, staff and agencies/partners. The candidate will report directly to the Director of Field Education and will work closely with the Assistant Director of Field Education in carrying out key tasks within the Field Education Office such as: field readiness, fostering community partnerships, supporting field faculty, and accompanying students in their internship experiences. We are seeking a candidate with a globally focused and relationship-centered perspective, valuing the mission and vision of the Dominican University, the School of Social Work, and the Field Education Office. This is 12-month position that requires in-person collaboration and presence.
The successful candidate will have an MSW abide by the NASW Code of Ethics, possess a firm understanding Field Education as the signature pedagogy of Social Work Education, and a familiarity or willingness to learn the requirements and guidelines of the Council on Social Work Education Accreditation (CSWE) Standards.
The successful candidate will be able to engage in the following activities:
- Meet with students for Field Readiness Interview meetings
- Support in the planning of events and programming: Field and Job Fair, Advocacy Day, Field Instructor Training, Continuing Education events, SSW Information Sessions and Open House Sessions, SSW Orientation Sessions
- Co-teach a Field Practicum class yearly
- Maintain relationships with agencies so that the Field Education Office understands the field placement culture, internship duties and schedule availability, and population served
- Assist with administration and maintenance of Field systems which requires familiarity or willingness to learn CANVAS, Excel, Qualtrics, Microsoft Office suite. Problem-solve and serve as support for students in field placements, sometimes requiring attendance at Student Support Meetings and support in the development of remediation plans
- Syllabi and CANVAS site development and maintenance
- Provide outreach to agencies, current students and alumni with regard to Career Development, including planning and presenting Town Hall events, growing the mentoring program, and connecting the community with job postings and other opportunities
- Possible travel to local field placements/agencies Other tasks/opportunities as determined by the Director of Field Education
- Master of Social Work (MSW) from a CSWE-accredited program
- At least 2 years post MSW experience (clinical, community or administrative)
- A commitment to working with first-generation, immigrant, and/or underrepresented/historically excluded students
- Social Work Clinical Licensure (LCSW) or on track/interest to obtain licensure
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Experience and/or interest in developing community-based collaborations
- Mentorship experience with Latinx and Black students and training or experience in culturally responsive social work practice
About the School of Social Work: The School offers a CSWE-accredited Master of Social Work and maintains a distinctive presence in Chicago and surrounding areas. The School prepares professional social workers for a globally focused, social justice-oriented practice through rigorous and relationship centered education. We offer our program at our main campus in River Forest, IL, at the University Center of Lake County in Grayslake, IL, and online. With 9 full-time staff and faculty and a group of experienced and committed part-time faculty, the School is well-positioned to meet the needs of the social work profession and provide access to the profession for students from historically excluded communities. We offer several tracks: military, gerontology, children, youth and families, health & wellbeing, school social work, and global work with immigrants and refugees as well as dual degrees with the Brennan School of Business, the School of Information Studies, and the Master of Arts in Conflict Resolution. We have received two HRSA federal grants to support students from underrepresented communities, and we have several ongoing curriculum initiatives that seek to develop a Latinx serving program, and one that prepares social workers to work with minoritized groups. An expanded profile of the University and the School of Social Work can be found on the School of Social Work website: https://www.dom.edu/home/social-work-programs. Candidate must be willing to provide students with opportunities to participate in high impact practices. All faculty members are expected to participate in university life and governance, as well as continuing professional development and scholarship. As such, this is not a remote position.
All applicants must apply online at www.dom.edu/jobs. Please provide the following documents:
- Cover letter which includes experience working with diverse and/or minoritized populations/students, social work experience post MSW, and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae and a list of three professional references
A background screening is required upon hire.
Dominican University is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to the goal of building a faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We seek a diverse pool of applicants who bring varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Upon request, reasonable accommodation in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities