132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Assistant or Associate Professor
The Hampton University James T. George (JTG) School of Business invites nominations and applications for Assistant/Associate Professor of Business Administration, for appointments beginning August 2023.
Founded in 1868, Hampton University is a leading historically black university (HBCU) located on the Virginia Peninsula in the City of Hampton. It is a privately endowed, co-educational, nonsectarian institution. Our faculty bring diverse experiences from their academic and professional backgrounds to ensure students receive an education that prepares them for global opportunities. We are committed to the promotion of learning, the development of character, the creation of knowledge, and service to society. The JTG School of Business endeavors to prepare students for positions of leadership and ownership in a global society marked by change and complexity. Our experience provides students an exceptional holistic business education that prepares them for success in any business environment. Faculty members are dedicated to preparing students to become industry ready professionals with impeccable character and a strong work ethic. Please consider joining us!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach undergraduate and graduate Business Administration courses
- Provide instruction based on course description, and outlines, and course description and meet classes as scheduled and maintain accurate academic records
- Assess student performance and remain current with content, technology, and teaching and learning strategies in the discipline
- Collaborate with colleagues to review and revise curriculum, course development, teaching materials and teaching methods to promote student success and lifelong learning
- Engage in high-quality research and grant writing
- Provide service to the university and attend meetings/events as required by the University, the School, and the Department
- Serve and function as an academic advisor
- Work closely with the School Dean to create opportunities with local and national entities to support program goals and engage in fundraising
- Maintain academic standards and professional ethics
- Identify and implement recruitment strategies to increase enrollment in the department
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chair and the Dean of the School of Business
A doctoral degree in Business Administration with at least 18 graduate credit hours in Business Administration/Management ABD candidates who will not hold their doctorate degree by August 2023 will not be considered. Preference will be given to candidates with professional experience and knowledge in Business Administration. Candidates must be available to work at our main campus location in Hampton VA. Those seeking only online teaching opportunities will not be considered at this time.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities