132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 5 New Jobs Today.
Adjunct Faculty, Marketing
Adjunct faculty at Stevenson University will engage in teaching activities in accordance with the University's faculty workload policies. Teaching responsibilities will include teaching courses in the Marketing Program in the Brown School of Business and Leadership.
Department: School of Business & Leadership: Marketing
Masters degree in Marketing, 3+ years industry experience in the marketing field, a strong commitment to quality teaching, and 2+ years of college level teaching experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Marketing in both theoretical and practical applications.
- Demonstrated teaching ability in Marketing.
- Ability to instruct students of varying preparation and abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and cultural competency skills and demonstrated ability to communicate professionally with diverse constituencies.
- Ability to create inclusive learning experiences that will help graduate and/or undergraduate students to develop professionally, intellectually, and socially.
- Ability to work with students of diverse backgrounds and practice inclusive pedagogy.
- Demonstrated student-centered approach to teaching, and a commitment to student achievement.
- Ability to assess student performance and learning.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Familiarity with educational assessment practices
- Commitment to integrity, excellence, learning, and community.
- Experience working with Blackboard or a similar learning management system.
- Well-developed organizational, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues.
- Ability to travel between campuses.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing, keyboarding, and repetitive motions. Close visual acuity. Position requires sitting and standing for extended periods of time and the ability to speak clearly and effectively for an extended period of time.
- Engage in instructional activity totaling no more than 18 contact hours per academic year (August through May), with no more than 9 contact hours taught in an individual semester.
- Teaching responsibilities include time spent in the classroom, laboratory, or hybrid or online courses and in immediate preparation for them; maintaining competence in subjects being taught; preparing teaching materials; conferring with students on course materials; directing individual and group studies; reviewing written examinations and papers; evaluating presentations and projects; providing academic accommodations for students with documented disabilities.
- Other responsibilities include writing syllabi; reading and responding to emails promptly; grading course work within a time frame that enables the student to incorporate feedback on their next assignment; timely submission of mid-term and final grades, attendance verification, academic alerts, and other reports as requested; and alerting appropriate university personnel to student problems on a timely basis.
- Complete training or professional development as required by the University.
- Collegiality, as well as professional and ethical conduct, enhances teaching, learning and the general reputation of all persons in the academy. Therefore, all faculty members are expected to serve in a collegial fashion and in accordance with professional and ethical principles when dealing with other faculty members, students, administrators, and members of the public. Follow all faculty and program policies outlined by the School and the University.
- Every faculty member is guaranteed academic freedom in accordance with the statement on academic freedom and responsibilities of faculty members, as set forth in the Stevenson University Policies.
- Teaching assignments may require teaching day, evening, online or hybrid classes.
- Meeting classes for the full class time during the scheduled dates and times is expected.
Reports To: Marketing Program Coordinator
Work Location: Owings Mills
Position Category: Faculty
Months/Year: Variable, based on courses scheduled to teach
Hrs/Week: Variable, based on # of courses scheduled to teach
Open Until Filled: No
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stevenson.peopleadmin.com
EOE/AA Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities