132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Business Systems Analyst
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position, include salary requirements and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
About the Ross School of Business
The Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan is a diverse learning community grounded in the principle that business can be an extraordinary vehicle for positive change in today's dynamic global economy. The Ross School of Business mission is to build a better world through business. Through our powerful ideas, purpose-driven leaders, and positive impact, we empower business leaders to make a positive difference in the world. Learn more about Ross HERE.
About the Department
The Ross IT Department provides the Michigan Ross community with a comprehensive suite of technologies, web-based business solutions, and support to help our shared instructional, research, administrative, and service missions.
About the Position
The Business Systems Analyst will work with administrative and academic units, and technology teams to determine how data reporting solutions can enhance their business processes. You will work with Ross admissions functional staff, Ross IT, and subject matter experts on software integration and configuration projects. The Business Systems Analyst will also provide technical expertise to support current important admissions processes, develop standard and custom reporting, and identify and implement solutions for system improvements while ensuring seamless integration with current technology platforms. You will deliver excellent customer service and work with other team members, users, and management. You will report to the Senior Associate Director of Operations.
- Develop and run custom queries to obtain specialized data to better manage the daily processes and in response to requests.
- Develop methods to help staff to independently obtain real-time, formatted admissions reports (e.g., web-based products, database tools, dashboards) using technology tools and products (e.g., Tableau, Salesforce Reports, Business Intelligence, M-Reports, data warehouse products). This includes detailed weekly and high-level monthly application status reports for both internal and external use.
- Work with Ross admissions functional staff and Marketing and Communications to define an application and yield forecasting model that incorporates data such as inquiries, event registration, attendance, on-campus visits, prior year yield, scholarships.
- Provide ongoing strategic consulting and expertise in admissions data analysis, communications, and reporting.
System and Data Analysis
- Assist the Senior Associate Director of Operations with the process of evaluating current and new system solutions and making recommendations for system enhancements. Analyze the impact decisions may have on current processes.
- Project management including collecting and analyzing strategic requirements and developing strategies to address needs; this will require working with the Senior Associate Director of Operations, Ross IT staff, and appropriate unit teams to develop solutions.
- Develop detailed project plans, milestones, and functional requirements, including use cases and user stories.
- Aid in problem analysis, troubleshooting, and resolution of system issues.
- Be a technical liaison/consultant to UM ITS, Ross IT/Salesforce team, and external vendors in implementing and maintaining products used to support admissions.
- Work with Ross admissions operational staff to ensure efficient processing of applications.
- Document current and changed processes.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of business analyst experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience gathering and documenting detailed functional requirements; conducting user acceptance testing and end-user training.
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements for project implementation on all upstream and downstream applications and processes.
- Ability to understand technical information and communicate it to others using concise, and user-friendly language, critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
Salary Information: The general salary range for this position is $66,000 - $73,000. Factors used to determine salary include experience, knowledge and skills for the position. You are encouraged to discuss salary questions to honor understanding and transparency throughout the recruiting process.
Benefits at the University of Michigan
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off (Vacation, Holidays, Season Days)
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Flexible Work Program
- Ross Onsite Fitness Center
Michigan Ross values a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to the development of diverse and culturally intelligent staff who grow and contribute to a positive and inclusive environment.
The statements included in this description are intended to reflect the general nature and level of work assigned to this classification and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities