132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Administrative Assistant, Business & Industry Workforce Education
The Administrative Assistant, Business & Industry Workforce Education position provides direct administrative support and assists with the general coordination of day-to-day office operations including providing customer service, maintaining schedules, coordinating meetings, general bookkeeping, and other administrative support tasks. The Business & Industry Workforce Education department houses the college’s Center for Business professional development and corporate training, the small business incubator, and rental facilities for business meetings and retreats.
This position handles phone calls for the Center and incubator, schedules facilities and classes, handles AV equipment and room setups, and manages purchasing functions for the department. The ideal candidate possesses excellent interpersonal skills, has a firm grasp of computers and technology, and is detail-oriented and accurate.
- Responsibilities and Duties
- Greet visitors, answer phones, respond to inquiries, and resolve issues based on established college policies, making appropriate referrals as needed.
- Perform a wide variety of administrative tasks including data entry and the drafting, editing, and revision of letters, reports, and other materials.
- Organize and facilitate meetings and special events; schedule and coordinate dates and times, venues, attendance, agendas, and facility arrangements.
- Perform various duties related to maintaining one or more individual schedules and coordinate travel arrangements when appropriate.
- Manage payroll functions including the submission and audit of timesheet entries for staff, faculty, and work-study employees.
- Perform basic, routine bookkeeping functions relative to program/department budget including tracking purchases and expenditures and may assist in the budget development process.
- Facilitate, monitor and/or oversee department purchasing, inventory and requisitioning of supplies and equipment.
- Move and maintain AV equipment and room setups.
- Prepare special reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries by compiling data and statistics from various departmental resources.
- Maintain accurate databases.
- Assist in the development or upkeep of the department/area webpage including social media and web presence.
- May supervise and oversee the activities of student employees.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of special events, which may include logistics, contracts, hospitality, staffing, etc.
- Comply with all published College Rules, procedures, guidelines, and laws/regulations governing public employees, including but not limited to those related to document retention and destruction, FERPA, and confidentiality.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible, and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required: Associate degree and two years of related work experience or a combination of completed education and/or related work experience equal to four years.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule, organize, and follow up on tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Multi-task - Ability to expeditiously organize, coordinate, manage, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously to swiftly assess a situation, determine a logical course of action, and apply the appropriate response.
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, and able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions.
Application Process: All applicants must submit a completed online application, a letter of intent, an up-to-date resume/curriculum vitae, as well as academic transcripts to be considered for this position. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes, official transcripts are required prior to any offer of employment being made.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities