132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Program Manager - CIBS
Texas A&M University’s Mays Business School is a vibrant learning organization of more than 175 faculty members, 125 staff members, and 6,400 undergraduate and graduate students in accounting, finance, management, management information systems, marketing and supply chain management. Mays Business School’s vision is to advance the world’s prosperity. To advance the world’s prosperity means providing a better future for generations who follow, including quality of life, environment and economic systems. To fulfill this vision, our mission is to be a vibrant learning organization that creates impactful knowledge and develops transformational leaders.
The Center for International Business Studies (CIBS) within Mays Business School is responsible for internationalizing the business programs at Mays Business School as well as the international business dimension of other programs at Texas A&M University. CIBS receives university support for its administrative operations, but relies on private sector donations and grants for research, outreach and educational enrichment programs. To learn more, please visit us at
What we want
The Program Manager reports directly to the Director of the Center for International Business Studies (CIBS) and plans, implements, evaluates and manages day-to-day activities for programs of the Center for International Business Studies. This position also oversees the international business courses and certificate programs and manages the Center’s scholarships. The selected candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability as stated above. If this job description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
What you need to know
Salary: Compensation will be commensurate to selected hire’s experience.
Cover Letter/Resume’: A cover letter and resume will assist us in our review of your application materials. These can be uploaded on the application under CV/Resume.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five years of program development or coordination and/or higher education experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of spreadsheet, and database applications
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
- Strong organizational, management, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including public speaking
- Ability to take initiative and responsibility for projects and development of services
- Skills in independent judgment to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload with attention to detail
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all levels of staff, partners, and vendors.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline strongly preferred
- Experience with program coordination and management for undergraduate students at an institution of higher education
- Experience in project management, organizational effectiveness, contracts, and agreements
- Experience working with diverse individuals and communities
- Experience in program planning for international student trips
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Web Page design/management, Google Drive and social media platforms
- Knowledge of Compass, Navigate, Qualtrics, and other TAMU platforms
- Skill in identification of risks and gaps and able to develop creative and workable solutions to complex problems.
- Skill in interpersonal relationships, including the ability to work with people under pressure and establish and maintain effective working relationships with various level personnel.
- Ability to assess problems; to develop alternative solutions; to communicate effectively; and to plan, assign, and/or supervise the work of others.
- Program Management - Plans, implements, evaluates, and manages day-to-day activities for programs of the Center for International Business Studies (CIBS). Assists in developing goals, objectives, policies, and procedures to support the international business programs. Develops and implements procedures for the administration of the program. Assist with all elements of student advising and program development for Mays outgoing exchange and faculty programs. This involves coordination with Mays faculty and departments, TAMU Education Abroad, third-party study abroad providers, and Mays student organizations. Manages the online application system in the Education Abroad portal for CIBS programs. Prepares decision correspondence and troubleshoots application problems. Serves as a contact person for portfolio of international partner schools. Responsible for Mays student recruiting and coordinating of the application and admission process. Corresponds and interacts with students as needed regarding program details and provides updates regarding billing timeline and pre-departure requirements. Meets with faculty to develop program proposals for faculty and student group programs. This includes consulting on program dates and location, course(s), vendor/provider recommendations and selection. If program is selected, work with IBUS Business Hub to create a budget and the Administrative Associate to market and promote. Once application opens, must monitor and manage applications, respond to questions, vet students in consultation with academic advisors, assist faculty/student leaders with student selection, bill selected students, and coordinate manage the payment of vendors.
- Course and Certificate Management - Oversees the international business courses and certificate programs and manages the Center’s scholarships. Responsible for managing and scheduling of the international business course offerings of the college in the university’s ASTRA and SRS systems. This includes inputting courses, managing number of seats and instructors, and registering students, as needed. This also includes liaising with Mays department advisors to ensure cross-listed courses match the primary department section in Howdy and submitting any new or revised international business courses through CARS. Manages student curricular updates and adjustments for CIBS certificate programs in the University Adjustment System and assist the director with annual assessment and review of all CIBS certificate programs and associated requirements in the university’s AEFIS system and university Catalog.
- Scholarship Management - Responsible for managing the Center's scholarships. This includes facilitating and managing application review, overseeing student selection, communication of award, posting awards (with help of the CIBS Business Hub), and tracking fulfillment of scholarship requirements.Provides summaries and statistics of applicable data as required. Manages student applicant files and records, student contacts, incoming exchange students, registration blocks, grade changes and other student records related duties. Responsible for managing the CIBER databases, communications, and marketing.
- Promotion Initiatives - Responsible for managing year-round activities and programs to promote CIBS programs and initiatives.
- Supervision - Supervises CIBS student worker(s). Responsible for training documentation and delivery for new hires on CIBS office procedures. Coaches and evaluates professional development of student staff and may perform other duties as assigned
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities