132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
|Position Title||Accounting Associate|
The Accounting Associate is responsible for a wide variety of accounting duties for Metropolitan Community College. The Associate performs general accounting activities including, but not limited to, preparing reconciliations of accounts, preparing regular billing statements, tracking acquisitions and disposals of Fixed Assets in accordance to IRS and GASB requirements, maintaining a physical inventory, performing many complex, large-volume file uploads, and assisting Accounting Payable when necessary.
The Accounting Associate works on other projects as assigned by this supervisor or other Accounting Services management.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Reconciles bank and credit card accounts.
2. Records all acquisitions and disposals in the Colleague Fixed Assets database according to GASB and IRS capitalization regulations, including PP&E donations from the MCCF, while keeping proper documentation. Complies fixed asset disposal information from equipment transfer forms and annual auction records, and updates the Fixed Assets database. Performs a constant review of all Equipment Purchase Requisitions to ensure correct GL coding. Performs the Budget Tracking of Equipment to confirm the budget for Purchase Requisitions.
3. Reconciles all Facility Projects and Campus Planning Projects to ensure they are accounted for properly and in balance with the General Ledger, collaborating with the Director of Facilities Management, Planning and Construction and the Director of Campus Planning and Sustainability.
4. Performs scheduled physical inventories utilizing the electronic scanning equipment. This requires travel to each of the campuses. Electronically download and verify the inventory data file before electronically uploading the reviewed file into the Fixed Assets database.
5. Manages accounting of assigned grants, including the research, documentation and billing.
6. Assists with developing and entering general ledger and budget adjusting journal entries, as required.
7. Reviews vendor payment vouchers and employee and non-employee reimbursements prepared by Accounts Payable to ensure accuracy and adherence to college policies and procedures.
8. Assists Accounts Payable staff with vouchering, check runs and other processes during peak periods.
9. Coordinates billings and collections for Culinary, Event Services, and Business & Training Services (BTS), as well as entry into the accounting system.
10. Provides BTS with current month and YTD tracking summary of all client billed revenue activity to Director of Business and Community Partnerships on a monthly basis
11. Prepares the Sarpy Center and Omaha Public Library invoices by reconciling associated accounts and preparing monthly spreadsheets to record the monthly shared revenues and expenses.
12. Processes check writing for the WT/EFT processes and the MCCF.
13. Responsible for gathering and sending the renewal information to NCCIT for the yearly insurance report. This includes communication with Directors and Deans and directly reporting to the College Business Officer.
14. Reconciles the College’s State Sales Tax on a monthly basis and the Culinary Corporation’s Sales Tax on a quarterly basis; electronically submits the payment to the state of Nebraska before the due date.
15. Prepares chargeback entries for postage, Central Stores, duplicating, vehicle usage and graphic arts.
16. Acts as Administrator for the PCMG Website. This requires daily updates to the system and coordinating with other users to ensure accurate updates to the website.
17. Assists with year-end audit work papers and state-aid budget request.
18. Takes part in the review, creation and updating of Accounting Services and other business processes and procedures in the College Business Officer’s area.
19. Prepares internal and external reports, surveys, and correspondence.
20. Assists all Financial Management areas by cross-training and performing duties assigned, in the absence of regular staff and/or heavy workload periods.
21. Works on other projects as assigned by the Director and Assistant Director of Accounting Services and the College Business Officer.
22. Consistently and dependably attends work, activities, and functions as scheduled or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of accounting theory and practice.
2. Knowledge of bank statement reconciliation procedures.
3. Knowledge of accounting principles of capital asset classifications, fixed asset inventory procedures, business expense classifications and extensive knowledge of electronic file management.
4. Ability to communicate and exercise tact, diplomacy, and sound judgment in stressful situations.
5. Ability to use a computer and basic office equipment.
6. Skill in auditing, problem resolution and analytical review.
7. Skill in organization.
8. Ability to exercise interpersonal skills in person, over the phone and in written communications.
9. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
10. Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
11. Ability to promote and maintain professionalism, initiative and acceptance of responsibility.
12. Ability to work well with minimal supervision in a team-oriented environment.
13. Ability to move up to 20 lbs. on occasion.
14. Ability to effectively work and interact with various cultures and ethnicities.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Metropolitan Community College recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable the candidate to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Associate’s degree in accounting or related field plus two years of job-related work experience in accounting.
Equivalent combination of education and/or job-related work experience considered.
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
|Salary/Hourly Rate||$20.54 minimum|
Posting Detail Information
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Job Open Date||01/20/2023|
|Job Close Date|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
Ability to travel between campuses for meetings or position responsibilities.
Hiring process includes passing a background check.
|Quicklink for Posting||https://www.mccnebjobs.com/postings/3756|
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities