132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Accounting- Instructor/Assistant Professor
The Department of Business Management, Accounting, and Ethics at Carlow University invites applications for a full-time faculty position in Accounting. This is a nine-month, full-time, non-tenure track academic appointment to begin in the Fall 2023 in support of Carlow’s undergraduate and newly designed graduate accounting programs. Duties include teaching introductory and advanced accounting/forensic accounting courses, student academic advising, committee participation, development of new courses, and representation of the department and university in service activities such as student recruitment and PICPA events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach introductory and advanced undergraduate and graduate level accounting courses. These courses will be delivered via in person and online formats.
- Teach undergraduate level forensic accounting classes. These classes will be delivered via in person and online formats.
- Deliver effective academic advising for accounting and forensic accounting majors.
- Support and appreciate liberal arts education.
- Serve on academic committees.
- Develop new academic courses.
- Engage in scholarly activities.
- Maintain in person and online office hours.
- Participate in service to the department, school, university, and community. This includes accounting specific service such as PICPA events.
A master’s degree with a specialization in accounting is required. An earned doctorate in accounting, business, or a closely related field is preferred. Valid US CPA licensure is preferred.
Candidate must be available to teach traditional day and evening in person, as well as online courses.
In addition, applicants must be committed to helping envision the future of values-based undergraduate education in a rapidly changing environment; have experience working with diverse populations; and be able to articulate how they will contribute to Carlow University’s Catholic, Mercy mission and values through their teaching, scholarship, and service.
Please submit letter of interest, CV, statement of teaching philosophy, and contact information for three references. Review of applicants will begin in November and continue until an appointment is made.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities