132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 5 New Jobs Today.
Associate Business Intelligence Analyst
- Job ID:
- 450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Work Location:
- PTL Remote: 2-3 days remote/wk
The Clinical Operations and Business Analytics (COBA) team at DFCI conducts analyses used to provide actionable information to the different operational and clinical departments across the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI). COBA has access to an extraordinary range of healthcare data, across both the research and clinical areas of DFCI. Using this data, the team supports reporting and analyses in areas such as grant management, clinical trials, operations, finance, supply chain, HR, quality measurement, trend management, utilization, patient management, and outcomes.
The Associate Business Intelligence Analyst will work as part of a team, under the supervision of a team member. In this role they will learn how to translate stakeholder specifications into programming logic, create insight-driving visualizations, and train end users on new reports. They will develop an in-depth understanding of DFCI’s data and data structures. The Associate BI Analyst will work on assignments including complex data analysis projects that can be multi-disciplinary or interdepartmental. They will also learn how to effectively collaborate with the Data Management team to address data requirements for analytic reporting, as well as other Informatics and Analytics (I&A) teams with expertise in specific data systems and/or analytical methodologies.? They will work with a variety of tools (ex: SQL, Excel, Tableau, etc.) to access data, write queries, develop programming logic, run reports, manipulate data, and analyze datasets to meet the needs of the institute. The Mission, Vision, and Core Values of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute are incorporated into all areas of practice.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world-renowned clinicians, innovative researchers, and dedicated professionals as allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS, and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physicians and researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
Job Duties to be performed under supervision of a team member:
- Provide quantitative and qualitative reporting support to various departments that range from finance to clinical operations within DFCI
- Work with internal clients to develop and translate business requirements into project charters, business and technical requirements, wireframe models, and ultimately produce effective and insightful interactive analytics, in collaboration with other COBA team members
- Utilize business intelligence tools to create reports and dashboards
- Deliver custom data analytics solutions for ad hoc requests
- Serve as a technical partner for compiling, cleaning, manipulating, and analyzing data related to assigned projects
- Set and deliver on reasonable expectations for deliverables
- Prepare summaries of important insights
- Diagnose and respond to service desk requests regarding data integrity and functional or interactive issues in existing and future dashboards quickly and effectively
- Identify appropriate sources for data deliverables in collaboration with Data Management groups
- Remain open-minded about data exploration, vet work with the support of team members and ensure accuracy of all reports before delivering end-results
- Escalate issues, concerns, and problems which may hinder achievement of deadlines and or/ accomplishments of responsibilities to the attention of the COBA leadership promptly
- Perform other similar and related duties as required or directed
Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field required.
0 years’ experience.
Tableau certification required within 6 months of hire.
- Familiar using SQL to query, manipulate, and organize data from relational databases
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to effectively work and communicate with others
- Familiar with business intelligence tools such as Tableau to design and develop reporting analytics and visualizations
- Competent with Microsoft Office suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, etc.)
- Ability to quickly and comfortably learn new software tools?
- Analytical reasoning and problem-solving ability
- Ability to document work and communicate progress to others per recommended guidelines
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to function with the support of their manager in a fast-paced environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Willingness to invest in learning
- Strong sense of balance and ethics, ability to consistently represent the interests and mission of DFCI and act on behalf of its current and future patients.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities