132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Business Operations Coordinator
The Alumni Association of the University of Michigan (AAUM) is seeking a Business Operations Coordinator to be a part of our team. The Business Operations Coordinator will represent AAUM with internal customers as a business partner for all business operational needs. Take full ownership of the Alumni Center facilities to create an inclusive space for staff and for alumni. This role will also support core business office functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable and technical skills to troubleshoot AV in the facility as well as be a thought partner.
In addition to the responsibilities and qualifications listed below and most importantly, candidates must share and hold to the highest regard, the same values that are uniquely inherent to AAUM:
- You believe in our mission.
- You are trustworthy and loyal to AAUM and to each other.
- You are passionate about what we’re doing and proud to be a part of it.
- You are an employee who goes above and beyond the call of duty.
- You are committed to building a culture that keeps DEIJ at the heart of everything we do and recognizes and embraces the myriad of identities, experiences, and backgrounds of all staff, volunteers, and alumni.
- You are open and willing to listen to others and help in whatever way possible.
- You are dedicated to selflessly following the Platinum Rule: treat others the way they want to be treated.
- You are passionate about fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture.
- You are willing to put the needs of alumni and staff colleagues ahead of your own if that is what is best for AAUM.
- You are a creative problem solver.
- You are never satisfied with the status quo.
- You find a way to say “yes.”
- You embrace new ideas and approaches from different perspectives.
- You are collaborative, flexible, and adaptive.
- You incorporate DEIJ into every part of your work’s equation to boost relevance and value over time with evolving world views and demographics.
Who We Are
We enrich the University of Michigan’s impact by serving as an independent gateway for alums of all identities, backgrounds, and experiences – across the globe and in our neighborhoods – in order to create and deepen belonging to the Michigan Family, the Leaders and Best.
AAUM values a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to the continual development of a diverse staff who thrive and contribute to a positive, equitable and inclusive environment. Our commitment to DEI work is showcased here: https://alumni.umich.edu/about/diversity/.
- Provide a wonderful customer experience for customers visiting the Alumni Center building including customer service and coordination of all aspects of facilities.
- Schedule routine maintenance for Alumni Center: blind cleaning, carpet cleaning, light replacement, snow removal, pest control, confidential waste disposal, window cleaning and other needed maintenance.
- Maintain orderly appearance and organization of public rooms in Alumni Center (mail room, kitchens, equipment room, storage room, and conference rooms).
- Assist with events including coordinating room set up and supporting audio visual needs during events at the Alumni Center during business hours.
- Coordinate the updating of static and digital branding elements of Alumni Center.
- Purchase furniture, office equipment and supplies as needed.
- Supervise, hire and train Alumni Center reception desk student employees.
- Serve as a liaison for phone systems and Xerox machines. Provide technology support for phones and copiers.
- Serve as liaison with Facilities Operations, Extension Services, DPS and custodial staff.
- Stay current with U-M and federal postal regulations and manage the mail system.
- Process outgoing mail; sort incoming mail.
- Complete annual space survey; keep up to date list of Alumni Center assets (furniture, etc).
- Maintain building access system.
- Maintain safety procedures and schedule routine safety inspections and training; provide or schedule training to staff regarding safety procedures and facilities training.
- Ensure knowledge of the University’s sustainability initiatives are being implemented at the Alumni Center.
- Assist in the creation and execution of budgets for facilities and supplies.
- Process and deposit daily cash receipts into the University bank account using the remote deposit capture system. Process cash receipt ticket in University ledger system giving attention to correct chartfields.
- Administer accounts payable process. Work with the Shared Services Center (SSC) Accounts Payable team, verify accuracy of invoices/payment requests and submit to SSC for payment. Manage all related tickets until payment is completed.
- Administer accounts receivable.
- Process all PeoplePay requests (payments to individuals vs businesses) as needed.
Other Administrative Support:
- Provide administrative support to the VP & CFO and the Director of Technology including calendar support, meeting scheduling, pcard reconciliation and other duties as assigned
- Support events team when needed.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide organizational leadership by demonstrating AAUM core values: All In, Serving Heart and Solution Seeker, and helping other staff members demonstrate those values.
- Value and embrace different identities and diversity of thought recognizing that everyone has unique and different experiences that contribute to the best solution seeking and success for AAUM.
- Work with AAUM staff members to gain a clear and consistent understanding of the details of the strategic plan and feel equal ownership of every piece of it, including pieces for which there is no direct responsibility.
- Be inclusive and collaborative with every other member of the staff and every other team. Operate as a critical contributing member of the staff to complete objectives in many different areas in order to move the whole organization toward the strategic plan.
- Support University Relations efforts by demonstrating AAUM value to campus units/partners (i.e., schools/colleges, campuses).
- Continually build digital skill sets in order to implement into work.
- Staff and/or participate in team and Alumni Association meetings and events.
- Provide staff support to the Alumni Association’s Board of Directors, its committees, and other volunteers when needed.
- Coordinate special projects as assigned or required.
- Participate in Alumni Association and other University committees as required.
- Share knowledge through internal communication.
- Support the Alumni Association’s vision of creating a place of belonging to all alumni.
- Remain current with respect to technology and the University’s educational resources.
Direct supervision is received from the Accountant. Functional supervision provided by the Finance Manager.
Coordinates the work of front desk student employees.
- A bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Strong organization and attention to detail. Ability to manage several priorities.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Ability to utilize Google suite including mail, sheets, docs, slides, etc.
- Demonstrated ability and passion to build your own digital skill set.
- Team player and a strong attitude for collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A proven ability to generate creative, innovative solutions to issues with a can-do attitude with a mindset to be results-driven.
- Ability to work effectively with leaders and colleagues in a multicultural and diverse environment.
The AAUM is currently working in a hybrid or remote work setting based on job duties. This position requires four days in person in order to take care of the facility and one day can be remote.
AAUM welcomes applications from people of all abilities. This particular position requires the occasional moving of 50 lbs or less.
This position may require some evening and weekend work.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations, including one booster when eligible, are required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working remotely and temporary workers. More information on this new policy is available on the U-M Health Response website or the UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint websites.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities