132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Program Manager, GWSB Operations
The purpose of this senior level position is to provide coordination and program management on behalf of an academic program or initiative. This role will serve as a point of contact for the program, will answer typical and complex program questions from faculty, staff, and students, and will provide functional support and management for the program administration. Functional support could include developing new programming, planning and executing events, managing web presence and marketing efforts, drafting program materials, answering external inquiries, enrollment guidance and basic academic advising, managing course evaluations, tracking spending and processing payments, assisting with fellowship and grant opportunities, preparing and analyzing reports, and similar duties. Often these positions make recommendations to policy and procedure, and they are tasked with outreach to other GW stakeholders in order to assist in maintaining standard operational efficiencies. This position does not have direct reports but often schedules, trains and supervises temporary staff or student workers, or leads other program staff. Typical duties often are administrative in nature, and are under limited supervision or are independent of more senior personnel within the department, or program.
Specific responsibilities are:
- In conjunction with GWSB departments, centers, institutes and student groups, plan, manage, and execute virtual and in-person events, registration and participant tracking, invitations, and site visits.
- Schedule meetings and events in GWSB managed spaces. Provide logistical guidance for events and confer with clients about best practices with space requests.
- Maintain central list of GWSB events for space usage, budgeting, and outreach in conjunction with Program Director, GWSB Operations.
- Operate as an effective liaison between GWSB and GW Central Events and Facilities, serving as a central contact point for GWSB.
- Manage university-branded promotional material orders, sales, and inventory.
- Track program and event expenditures and update budgets, as well as other logistics, such as surveys and assessments.
- Manage approval and use of all event promotion via digital signage, posters and flyers throughout the buildings.
- Manage vendors ensuring compliance to budget and follow through with contractual obligations.
- Manage client requests and serves as the backup for the Program Director, GWSB Operations.
- Coordinate moving and storage needs with central GW Facilities.
- Monitor and manage events and operations email inbox, serve as primary contact for vendors, making purchasing recommendations.
- Maintain inventory of certificates, office supplies, and equipment.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 2 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master’s degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Highly detailed with strong organizational skills, self-motivated, with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and work under pressure to meet deadlines; a strategic thinker, a strong writer, and persuasive communicator with excellent interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills.
- Achieve GWSB goals through organizing developmental sessions.
- Familiar with a range of planning tools including EMS (Hopin) software and managing websites, network of contacts and the creativity to procure services and work within a budget.
- Enjoy working as part of a small, strong team as well as independently to achieve program goals and objectives and demonstrate the ability to become the subject matter expert for the team.
- Experience working with students, faculty, staff, and vendors in a role responsible for organizing information, customer service, and managing events, vendor contracts, managing budgets and processing invoices.
- Experience managing service providers.
- Excellent computer skills, prefer advanced skills specifically with Microsoft Excel, Vision and virtual meeting and planning software.
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse population at all levels, facilitate decision making and conflict resolution, maintain a positive and constructive demeanor treating all staff, students, faculty and vendors with professionalism, courtesy and respect.
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities