132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Business Associate to CEFS CORE & Educational Programs
Working TitleBusiness Associate to CEFS CORE & Educational Programs
Anticipated Hiring RangeCommensurate with Experience ($39,204 - $44,000)
Work ScheduleMonday - Friday; 8am - 5pm (weekends as needed)
Job LocationRaleigh, NC
DepartmentCenter for Environmental Farming Systems
About the Department
The Committee on Racial Equity (CORE) is a Center for Environmental Farming Systems (CEFS) initiative that works a long-term commitment to work internally and collaboratively with community and grassroots groups to address root causes of food system inequities and build collective solutions through the lens of structural racism as an entry point. This work includes:
- Understanding our role in the historical construction of the racial hierarchy (through higher education, agricultural and food systems work);
- Acknowledging our role as gatekeepers and being an ally to communities most impacted by food systems disparity;
- Examining our policies, practices, and procedures and working to make those more equitable.
Essential Job Duties
TheBusiness Associate to CEFS CORE & Educational Programs position essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical day-to-day customer service and support of the operations of the educational programs affiliated with the CEFS;
- Provide grant management support services to program staff;
- Stay up-to-date on program policies and procedures in order to effectively communicate to staff working with the educational programs, and will problem-solve as needed;
- Maintain accounts and records to support reporting needs for the educational program;
- Develop and implement external communications of three internship programs at the Center for Environmental Farming Systems;
- Monitor all internship and apprenticeship program expenses according to pre-determined grant budgets, including ensuring administration (Administrative Assistant) reconciles sponsor income, paperwork, travel, and conference paperwork;
- Independently develop and implement new long-term tracking programs for all the agricultural education programs for CEFS;
- Assist supervisor with developing and implementing evaluation plans for all internship and apprenticeship programs.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Other Required Qualifications
- Must have an excellent organizational, interpersonal, computer, project management, and writing skills. The applicant must be capable of doing all the described activities independently;
- Must be knowledgeable of food systems generally, and ideally of North Carolina food systems in particular. In addition, the applicant needs to have some knowledge and awareness of race/racism in the US and the ability to use a racial equity lens in all work and organizational efforts and relationships;
- Ability to provide excellent verbal and written communication;
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude, organization, and attention to detail while managing multiple projects;
- Ability to explain and interpret program services, policies, and procedures to various audiences;
- Understanding of and experience with equitable and local food systems;
- Ability to provide oversight for, administer, evaluate, and track progress for specific program areas;
- Ability to problem solve independently and reach out to CEFS Administrative Team for additional support;
- Ability to develop and maintain productive collaborative work relationships with all clients.
- Graduation from a four-year accredited college or university with a degree in Public Administration, Political Science, Agriculture Education, Biology, Agriculture, or a related degree or equivalent professional training and experience may be substituted for the advanced degree;
- 2-3 years experience in the area of assignment;
- Experience with accounting, budgeting, grants management, and/or program management;
- Knowledge of NCSU accounting and budgeting processes, Wolf Reporting system, NCSU travel regulations, Marketplace, P-card, standard office procedures, and knowledge of contract and grants processes.
Required License or Certification
- Valid NC driver’s license or the ability to obtain within 60 days of start.
Valid NC Driver's License requiredYes
Commercial Driver's License Required?No
Job Open Date01/19/2023
Earliest Close Date---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.)01/25/2023
Notice to Applicants
Position Classification Band TitleUniversity Program Associate
Position Classification Band LevelJourney
Position Classification Salary Range$31,200 - $56,545
Salary Grade EquivalencyGN07
Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week)1.00
Appointment12 Month Recurring
Mandatory Designation - Adverse WeatherNon Mandatory - Adverse Weather
Mandatory Designation - Emergency EventsMandatory - Medical Emergencies
Time Limited PositionYes
Time-Limited Appointment Length (if applicable)3 years
Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?No
Department Id111502 - Center for Environmental Farming Systems
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or email@example.com.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities