132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Audiovisual Support Technician
The University of Virginia Darden School of Business, one of the world's leading business schools, seeks a part-time AV Support Technician to join its audiovisual team. This position is located in-person at Darden's Sands Family Grounds in the Rosslyn neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia.
We are looking for individuals available to work part-time on the weekends and/or evenings.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record, plan, and fulfill audiovisual requests, including supplemental classroom equipment set-ups, event microphone/speaker set-ups, classroom recordings, and web conference set-up and monitoring.
- Perform room tours to ensure all AV equipment/software is working properly, and repair/adjust equipment/software as necessary.
- Respond to help requests to troubleshoot potential AV issues. Meet with clients, identify issues and provide solutions.
- Work closely with AV integrators/architects/construction contractors for major AV installations.
- Troubleshoot audiovisual equipment/software issues. Make decisions to repair or replace.
- Participate in staff meetings with Digital Infrastructure team and perform audiovisual research. Explore and identify new innovative tools or processes that could benefit the Darden enterprise.
This is a wage position that is not eligible for leave or other benefits and is limited to 1500 hours of work in a year. For more information, refer to the Wage Employment link: http://uvapolicy.virginia.edu/policy/HRM-029.
The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment.
Professional Experience and Education:
- High school diploma and five years of experience required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Audiovisual, networking, computer, and mobile device technical expertise and ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate on a team.
- Strong interpersonal relationship and teamwork skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate with technical and non-technical clients and staff.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings and programs.
COVID Vaccination Requirement and Guidelines
Please visit the UVA COVID-19 Job Requirements and Guidelines webpage prior to applying for current information regarding vaccination requirements and guidelines for employment at UVA.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities