132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 5 New Jobs Today.
Dean of the College of Business, Communication, and Technology (CBCT)
Missouri Southern State University in Joplin, Missouri invites applications for the position of Dean of the College of Business, Communication, and Technology (CBCT). Reporting to the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs, the Dean oversees all operations of the College including the management of the budget, personnel, curriculum, hiring, evaluation, and resource recruitment.
The College of Business, Communication, and Technology brings together the Plaster School of Business and the Departments of Communication, Mathematics, and Technology.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a visionary, strategic, and responsive leader who is an effective communicator and listener. The candidate will need to be comfortable working across the diverse disciplines in this newly restructured College, understanding both their unique differences, as well as being able to facilitate interdisciplinary initiatives.
- An earned doctorate or other terminal degree in a field in CBCT from a regionally accredited institution.
- At least 5-years of higher education leadership experience.
- Proven experience with networking, engagements, and collaborations with higher education groups, industry partners, K-12 partners, and/or community entities that create positive social impact.
- Experience with accreditation, specifically AACSB and/or ABET.
- Evidence of data-driven decision-making associated with an organization’s strategic plan.
- Evidence of fundraising experience.
- Evidence of commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as outlined in https://www.mssu.edu/president/diversity-committee/mission.php
- A record of teaching, research, and service that would merit a tenured appointment in the College of Business, Communication, and Technology.
- Experience leading undergraduate and graduate university programs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Seeks opportunities to motivate and mentor individuals professionally, empowers others to take on responsibility, fosters optimism and energy for reaching goals, and commits to creating inclusive working, teaching, and learning environments.
- Conveys information, expectations, and ideas to individuals and groups in clear ways that produce effective coordination, seeks out and incorporates input from others, follows policies and protocols, and delivers and receives timely and regular feedback with candor and civility.
- Advocates for student success.
Applicants should provide a letter of application that addresses the responsibilities and qualifications of the position, a current curriculum vitae, as well as the names and contact information of three professional references. (References will not be contacted without consent of the applicant.) Submit documents by visiting www.mssu.edu/jobs. Official transcripts are required within 45 days after contract is issued. Employment is contingent upon a background check. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
MSSU's vibrant campus creates an engaging learning environment for approximately 4,000 students. MSSU provides its faculty and staff rewarding career and benefit opportunities that include a generous leave policy, paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, and employer contribution to a retirement plan. We offer a collaborative and diverse workplace with an emphasis on fostering a global perspective with opportunities for advancement. Joining the MSSU Pride provides a variety of opportunities for you to attain your career goals, a place where your contributions are valued, and - perhaps most importantly - the ability to make a difference in the lives of our students. MSSU is an EOE employer with a strong institutional commitment to achievement of excellence and diversity among faculty and staff. MSSU is an E-verify participating employer. Visit our website to learn more about the advantages of employment at MSSU.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities