132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 5 New Jobs Today.
Associate Business Analyst
- Job ID:
- 20 Overland Street, Boston, MA 02215
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Work Location:
- Full Remote: 4-5 days remote/wk
The Research Informatics Operations (RIO) team is looking for a detail-oriented and enthusiastic Associate Business Analyst to coordinate and support the information system needs of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI) research community. The Associate Business Analyst will join the Client Services Team, supporting Customer Experience Operations under the RIO umbrella. The mission of the Client Services Team is to support the operations of the clinical trials program at Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center, including but not limited to clinical trial management, grant development, intellectual property management, and biospecimen banking.
The incumbent will focus on resolution, triage and escalation of day-to-day operations issues of study teams, biobanking staff, grant development staff, intellectual property management staff and other stakeholders across DF/HCC. Incumbent will provide education on basic workflows and system functionality. In addition to support, the person in this role may need to elicit business requirements for new requests or fixes, execute system testing, and create/maintain support policy documentation. The incumbent must be able to create and maintain healthy working relationships with team members, end-users and site leadership at all DF/HCC sites.
RIO is a subdivision of the DFCI Research Informatics and Analytics department led by the Chief Health Information Officer. RIO is a significant component of the Clinical Research Support Unit for the DF/HCC consortium and specifically addresses the growing technological needs of the clinical trials research community. Systems supported by RIO interface to site-specific and enterprise-wide systems. The office provides a collaborative, responsive, integrated and focused approach to all aspects of systems development and support. The DF/HCC is comprised of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston Children’s Hospital, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital, Harvard Medical School and the Harvard School of Public Health. RIO supports clinical trials research informatics systems for the DF/HCC member institutions with regards to oncology research.
This position is fully remote.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide a high level of customer support to DF/HCC stakeholders, including study teams, clinicians, Office of Data Quality, Office for Human Research Studies, Partners eCare and others by either resolving issues or facilitating connection with appropriate resources.
- Help identify and resolve issues; triage issues and facilitate appropriate escalation for timely resolution.
- Compile and maintain support metrics for multiple applications.
- Create and maintain departmental support procedure documents.
- Function as a system administrator for multiple systems supported by RIO.
- Elicit requirements for and create user profiles in multiple systems, grant system access, collaborate with DF/HCC clinical trial office leadership to ensure that the policies/procedures of both DF/HCC and each individual site are followed.
- Maintain data tables and reference codes (e.g. sponsors, PIs, institutions) in multiple systems.
- Support system interfaces with Epic and various other external and internal applications.
- Assign and monitor completion of system training in eLearning system. Troubleshoot eLearning issues.
- Effectively educate users how to properly utilize software systems supported by RIO
- Evaluate processes, propose improvements, and educate user base on workflows
- Assist in system testing according to established scripts and procedures
- Assist with the business requirements gathering process for identifying the many clinical trials business processes involved for each of the DF/HCC institutions as they relate systems supported by RIO.
- Document and analyze business processes and help drive business process improvement workflows.
- Understand requirements involved in human subjects research.
- Actively participate in and support team culture.
- Utilize Dana-Farber Cancer Institute values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors.
- May perform other analyst duties as assigned, such as business requirements gathering, business process redesign, regression testing for system upgrades and application support
- Perform other related duties as assigned and/or needed
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation for resolution of patient care critical issues
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- No patient contact
- Standard office environment
- Periodic on-site work may be required at supervisor discretion.
- May require local travel to hospital sites, located on and off DFCI main campus.
- Other travel may be required to attend meetings, training, and professional development sessions.
- As projects and priorities dictate, must be available to work non-standard business hours, such as evenings, nights, weekends and holidays when necessary.
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Concentration in Information Technology, Bioinformatics, Biology, Basic Sciences or other relevant healthcare or life sciences field preferred
- 2+ years IT experience in a customer facing role, preferably in an academic and/or healthcare setting
- Clinical trials experience preferred
- Proficient in complete MS Office suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Attention to detail, customer service orientation, and proven ability to perform work accurately and efficiently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple concurrent, inter-related subprojects
- Ability to be flexible, versatile and adaptable in activities conducted in a multi-site environment
- Must be willing to contribute to and foster a team culture where all are encouraged and willing to share information accurately
- Able to self-manage and assume ownership for support tasks and project work
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to work and maintain focus within a complex work environment with shifting and competing priorities
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of executives, administrators, researchers, and technical IT staff
- Ability to learn new tools and utilities rapidly
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written. Must be able to negotiate and communicate with all levels of staff
- Excellent organizational and analytic skills, with the proven ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, and prioritize work
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities