132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Summer Administrative Intern - Business Initiatives and Alliances
- Job ID:
- 450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Work Location:
- PTL Remote: 2-3 days remote/wk
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI), a world-renowned Comprehensive Cancer Center located in the heart of Boston’s medical area, is seeking applicants for its 2023 Summer Administrative Internship Program. The goal of this internship is to provide high potential individuals, who demonstrate a unique contribution and commitment to diversity, with the opportunity to further develop their leadership style and analytical skills by working on major initiatives impacting the Institute.
The Administrative Internship Program is part of the Institute’s commitment to Inclusion, Diversity and Equity. We are committed to attracting unique talent to leadership roles, promoting the diversity of our workforce and to fostering an equitable and inclusive environment. DFCI will be offering paid internship opportunities for qualified graduate students and rising undergraduate seniors. We strongly encourage applicants from the local Boston community to apply.
The Business Initiatives and Alliances Intern will support the Employer and Payer Solutions Team.
* This job is designated as partial remote with work being performed onsite (Boston, MA) 2-3 days per week. Remote work may only be performed from any of the New England states only (ME, NH, VT, MA, CT & RI).
- Intern 40 hours/week for 10 weeks from May 30 – August 4, 2023 (partial remote*)
- Contribute to high visibility projects and major initiatives, ranging from detailed implementation to strategic planning activities
- Partner with an Executive Sponsor and work directly with senior leadership teams
- Present an overview to senior leaders to highlight project accomplishments
- Participate in programming focused on understanding Unconscious Bias, leadership development and networking
- Assist in market research related to employer and payer initiatives.
- Research events pertaining to employer health benefits that would help build DFCI relationships with employers
- Support operational development of new onsite services that DFCI is implementing for our partnership with AccessHope
- Research international payer landscape
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Ability to work and collaborate with a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the demonstrated ability to drive multiple concurrent projects to completion in a complex, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of staff and faculty in an environment of frequently changing needs, priorities, and deadlines
- Graduate intern (MHA/MPA/MPH) preferred
- Strong understanding of employer health benefits and payer market/landscape preferred
Application Requirements and Timeframe
Interested applicants should apply by December 23, 2022 with a cover letter and resume.
Interviews will be conducted between February 6-17, 2023. Offer letters will be extended by February 24, 2023.
Compensation for this position will be $17/hour for rising undergraduate seniors and $21/hour for graduate students.
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities