132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 5 New Jobs Today.
Sr. HR Business Partner
Sr. HR Business Partner
450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215
Full Remote: 4-5 days remote/wk
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The Senior HR Business Partner will be responsible for collaborating with key stakeholders to develop the Dana-Farber employee experience for our remote workforce located outside of the New England area. In addition, the Sr. BP will deliver HR strategies that support the Institute’s business goals and priorities, working collaboratively to provide expert advice, broker HR services to meet client needs, and develop/maintain a culture that supports the Institute’s mission, vision, and core values.
The Sr. HR Business Partner is expected to be a strategic advisor and partner on all HR matters with deep subject matter expertise in various HR functions with relation to the outside of new england workforce. This role will also act as lead support for this population and hold responsibility for evaluating and implementing key programs and projects such as but not limited to HR Policy and Procedure review, employee engagement and opinion survey administration, Compliance and Joint Commission preparedness, and union-related activities as applicable.
- Support relevant clients to build and iterate their strategy as it relates to people and culture
- Influence clients to ensure successful HR planning and execution
- Serve as the primary HR partner and broker of HR services for client groups. Builds and maintains effective relationships within all HR functional areas in support of client needs.
- Integrate diversity and inclusion principles and practices into client groups
- Recommend learning and organizational development activities based on client needs assessment
- Create plan for long term initiatives that are aligned with the Institute’s strategic goals
- Advocate use of feedback mechanisms and utilize metrics, trends, and suggestions to influence client business decisions
- Proactively coach and advise at all levels of the organization
- Maintain expertise of external and internal environment for HR policies and initiatives
- Participate in and support cross-functional opportunities for change
- Support and monitor the alignment of HR services with clients and the business (i.e. learning and organizational development, talent acquisition, total rewards, ID&E, HRIS etc.)
- Proactively recommend new HR support resources for clients
- Maintain status as expert for progressive HR practices and key trends ensuring alignment with clients and understanding impact
- Lead projects and/or HR initiatives/roll outs that require cross-functional expertise
- Support department activities related to the preparation for Joint Commission accreditation as needed.
- Support/Coach managers in the successful delivery of feedback and performance improvement and development programs.
- Ensure HR leadership team is appropriately briefed and consulted on matters pertaining to their assigned work units.
- Foster a positive organizational climate through support of open and effective communications among managers and staff.
- Collaborate with leadership teams to facilitate change management initiatives.
- Work with Human Resources Leadership Team and client leadership on union contract interpretations, practices and negotiation of contract as needed.
- Collaborate with key subject matter experts to plan, coordinate and facilitate training sessions and organization-wide projects and initiatives.
- Provide data analysis, reporting, metrics, and tools that demonstrate progress toward achieving key milestones within assigned client groups.
- Provide performance management to direct reports and participate in feedback process as requested
- Other responsibilities and projects as identified
BA/BS degree required and a minimum of 10+ years of demonstrated success as a Human Resources professional or a strategic leader of people within a business context. Experience may count towards degree requirement; employee relations experience required. Advanced degree, HR certification(s), or equivalent business education preferred. Knowledge and experience in academic and/or health care environment (including research and/or clinical settings) preferred. Previous experience managing complex projects is highly desired.
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities