132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 5 New Jobs Today.
Senior Business Analyst - Research Informatics Operations
- Job ID:
- 20 Overland Street, Boston, MA 02215
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Work Location:
- PTL Remote: 2-3 days remote/wk
The Research Informatics Operations (RIO) team is looking for a seasoned business analyst to coordinate, manage, lead and support the information system needs of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI) research community. The Business Analyst will join the Client Services Team, supporting Customer Experience Operations under the RIO umbrella. The mission of the Client Services Team is to support the operations of the clinical trials program at Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center (DF/HCC), including but not limited to clinical trial management, grant development, intellectual property management, and biospecimen banking.
The incumbent will participate in the design, development, implementation, and support of the overall clinical trial support operations program at DF/HCC. They will lead complex projects and collaborate in re-engineering and developing new business processes to support DF/HCC’s need for automation and process development for new clinical trials management initiatives and basic science. Work will include leading workflow and business process flow analysis, definition and documentation of system requirements, and support of in-house, commercial, and open source software products. Furthermore, the incumbent will provide leadership for several clinical trials system development initiatives, and will be the liaison between customers and the development staff.
The incumbent will work under the guidance of the Director of Customer Experience Operations and the RIO Management team. RIO is a subdivision of the DFCI Research Informatics and Analytics department led by the Chief Health Information Officer. RIO is a significant component of the Clinical Research Support Unit for the DF/HCC consortium and specifically addresses the growing technological needs of the clinical trials research community. The office provides a collaborative, responsive, integrated and focused approach to all aspects of systems development and support. The DF/HCC is comprised of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston Children’s Hospital, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital, Harvard Medical School and the Harvard School of Public Health. RIO supports clinical trials research informatics systems for the DF/HCC member institutions with regards to oncology research.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide a high level of customer support to DF/HCC stakeholders, including study teams, clinicians, Office of Data Quality, Office for Human Research Studies, MGB eCare and others by either resolving issues or facilitating connection with appropriate resources.
- Lead business requirements gathering, workflow analysis, definition and documentation of system requirements for the many clinical research business processes involved for each of the DF/HCC institutions as they relate to the various clinical trial systems, biobanking and basic research systems (i.e. OnCore, PRMS, LIMS, ELN, InForm, etc.)
- Work autonomously to define project approach, develop alternative solutions (automated and manual), and provide appropriate feedback to meet both system and operational objectives
- Determine the functional breakdown of solutions based on evaluation of user needs and input
- Effectively translate functional needs into system functions that can be implemented by the vendor or the in-house development team
- Develop workflow diagrams, schedules, test plans and training plans, for vendor upgrades, new vendor systems and in-house developed systems
- Create training materials and effectively train users how to properly utilize software systems supported by RIO
- Serve as an exemplary representative of RIO. On-going communication, feedback and follow-through with customers/peers are essential.
- Function as the analyst subject matter expert for assigned applications supported by RIO
- Elicit and document functional requirements for on-going implementation projects
- Schedule and run meetings, report progress, track and route issues
- Learn and utilize new products and tools, as appropriate, to successfully complete work assignments
- Manage vendor relationships
- Continually innovate based on industry trends and facilitate networking with outside institutions
- Follow project management lifecycle in accordance with DFCI, DF/HCC, MGB and group specific standards.
- Develop project and system documentation throughout the course of daily activities and projects.
- Actively participate in and support team culture.
- Utilize Dana-Farber Cancer Institute values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and/or needed
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation for resolution of patient care critical issues
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Concentration in Information Technology, Bioinformatics, Biology, Computer Science, Basic Sciences or other relevant healthcare or life sciences field preferred.
- 7+ years in IT as a business analyst in a customer facing role, in an academic and/or healthcare setting; clinical research experience a plus.
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams of 10 or more indirect resources, including directing the work of user and business representatives within workgroups
- Experience with successful implementation of enterprise applications
- 2+ years demonstrated project management experience
- Proficient in complete MS Office suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to be flexible, versatile and adaptable in activities conducted in a multi-site environment
- Attention to detail, customer service orientation, and proven ability to perform work accurately and efficiently.
- Must be willing to contribute to and foster a team culture where all are encouraged and willing to share information accurately
- Ability to work and maintain focus within a complex, fast-paced work environment with multiple concurrent, inter-related subprojects, as well as shifting and competing priorities.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and within a team with limited to no supervision, while aligned with the goals and vision of the organization and the immediate requirements of the current project.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of executives, administrators, researchers, and technical IT staff.
- Ability to learn new tools and utilities rapidly
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written. Must be able to negotiate and communicate with all levels of staff.
- Ability to create and deliver effective presentations to all levels of organization
- Must be able to supervise the development and presentation of complex business issues analysis and resolution
- Excellent organizational and analytic skills, with the proven ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, and prioritize work.
- Possess ability to mentor others and should enjoy such responsibility
- Familiarity with using large, complex software management systems (e.g. PeopleSoft, Epic)
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*
Business School Jobs in Popular Cities