132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Assistant Academic Dean
The Assistant Academic Dean, is responsible for providing academic leadership and administrative support to the Academic Dean, teaching 3-4 classes per semester, program management of Organizational Leadership and Christian Leadership degree programs, submitting accreditation and strategic planning reports, developing and modifying academic policies and procedures, supervising education services (e.g. the library), managing faculty files and other academic administrative responsibilities as delegated by the Academic Dean. The Assistant Academic Dean will also hold administrative faculty status level to be determined by faculty appointment policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance to the Academic Dean in the development of academic policies and procedures and supervision of key academic administration transactions.
- Monitors operational activities to meet goals, ethics and guidelines, and to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, and accreditation standards.
- Develops and manages annual departmental program review including integration of units’ plans and assessments with institutional planning and assessment initiatives.
- Ensures compliance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Acts (FERPA) as it relates to the assigned areas of responsibility.
- Supervises education services (e.g. the library) Serves on college committees as appointed.
- Serves as Program Coordinator for Organizational Leadership and Christian Leadership programs.
- Assists in ensuring CBS Academic policies are reviewed and up to date and faculty publications including but not limited to the Academic Catalog and the Faculty Handbook are updated.
- Performs typical functions of a minister such as teaching and preaching at churches and CBS Chapels and other settings, discipling students or other ministerial functions.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Masters from an accredited institution of higher education in leadership and 5-7 years of administrative and instructional experience in a professional higher educational ministry setting working with non-traditional students or similar student groups.
- Must be willing to live at or near Houston, TX.
- Flexible, cooperative attitude necessary to teach traditional and non-traditional students.
- Inspires, respects, trusts and motivates others to perform well.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others.
- Experience planning events for academic institutions.
- Effectively influences God-centered actions and opinions of others.
- Be a committed Christian and in good standing with a local church.
- Be in complete agreement with doctrinal position of the College (including but not limited to the CBS Doctrinal Statement, The CBS Statement on Biblical Gender Roles, The CBS Biblical Statement on the Sanctity of Human Life, The CBS Biblical Statement on Human Sexuality and the CBS Definition of Marriage) and able to sign statement without reservation.
- Doctorate from an accredited institution of higher education in leadership and 5-7 years of administrative and instructional experience in a professional higher educational ministry setting working with non-traditional students or similar student groups.
- Knowledge and experience in missions and urban related work preferred.
- Teaching experience within Biblical Higher Education ministry, leadership within a classroom/lab setting at and Association of Biblical Higher Education (ABHE) affiliated college preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (speak, read, and write)
Equipment/Skills/Knowledge needed to perform job (i.e., vehicle, MS Word, License, etc.):
- Knowledge of FERPA and other applicable laws.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of students or employees of the college.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office business tools to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint and others, as well as electronic communications such as e-mail, calendars, etc.
- Ability to learn various software and systems as required by the college or service providers.
Measurable Expectations/Fiscal Responsibilities (i.e., quarterly reports, annual events, etc.):
- All additional measurements of expectation and performance will be designed, documented and implemented as deemed appropriate to this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee must sit, stand and walk.
- Employee must talk and listen via face-to-face contact and telephone.
- Employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Working Conditions/Environment (i.e., necessary travel, unusual hours, etc.):
- Typical academic education environment
- Ability to work flexible hours, including periodic evening/weekend schedule to support faculty, staff and students.
- Remote work from home or other location with supervisor approval.
Security Sensitive: Yes
Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, this job description does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of CBS.
Believing that God values and calls men and women from every language, people and nation into His kingdom, CBS is committed to cultivating and maintaining an ethnically diverse educational and work environment that motivates and retains God’s chosen individuals. CBS does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, national or ethnic origin, veteran, marital status, or physical or mental disability in the administration of its employment policies except as such conditions may constitute bona fide occupational or assignment limitation.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*