132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Associate Athletic Director for Business Affairs
Athletic Administration, Rose Hill
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
- Fordham University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to its employees, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
- We offer tuition remission for employees and their dependents
- A generous immediate employer match towards a 403(b) retirement plan.
- As a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), Fordham is considered a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, a federal program designed to forgive student loan debt for employees of certain public and certain nonprofit employers.
- As part of its work-life balance program, the University provides generous PTO including 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, 2 personal days, 6 summer Fridays, and holidays that include paid time off between Christmas and New year.
- University employees have access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). EAP provides no-cost, professional, and confidential services, to help employees and family members address a variety of personal, family, life, and work-related issues.
Responsible for the financial management of the athletic department, to include the budget operation, oversight of the business office and overseeing the athletic equipment department.
- Responsible for the preparation, oversight, and management of the athletics budget.
- Prepares and monitors the annual budget within university guidelines.
- Provides fiscal analysis for the University’s athletic teams and supports programs to include reconciling and distributing monthly budget reports, forecasting year-end revenues and expenses, and provides other financial analysis as required.
- Oversight of the day-to-day operations for the athletic business office.
- Oversight of all gift and agency accounts for the athletic department and club sports.
- Oversees team travel, reviews and approves all travel vouchers in Chrome River.
- Monitors financial activities of camps and clinics.
- Utilizes the university electronic systems of FinBuy (purchase requisitions), FinPay (invoices), and FinCon (contracts).
- Oversight of Ramcell requests.
- Oversight of the JPMorgan digital payment system.
- Oversight of the department apparel contract.
- Develops, implements and recommends internal financial controls and procedures.
- Supervises the reconciling, recording and deposit of all revenues, and processes payments for all expenses.
- Responsible for the completion of the NCAA Agreed upon Procedures Audit of Revenue and Expenses, EADA financial report, and other financial reports and surveys as required.
- Liaison with a variety of campus units regarding financial matters and issues to include Controller’s Office, Strategic Sourcing, Accounts Payable Office, Treasurer’s Office, Office of Internal Audit, Aramark food service, Ram Van office.
- Serves on department committees as requested.
- Ensures that all business operations are in compliance with Fordham University, the NCAA, Atlantic 10 and Patriot League.
- Complies with all NCAA, Conference and University rules and regulations.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in accounting, financial analysis and budget development within a collegiate environment.
- Strong attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially with Excel.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
- Experience working with Banner, Chrome River, knowledge of Banner financial systems.
- Master’s Degree.
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY HERE: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/3416
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*