132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Accountancy FT Faculty
- Doctoral degree in accounting from a respected accounting program.
- We have a strong preference for teaching/researching in AIS, Audit, and Managerial, but may consider applicants from other topical areas. May hire more than one candidate.
- Available to start full-time no later than August 22, 2024 (may start as early as June 1, 2024)
- Rookies and experienced candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Published in or show promise to publish in top accounting academic journals.
- The teaching load is four courses per year but reduced to three courses per year for the first two years.
- Must be willing and able to teach a variety of undergraduate and masters level courses.
- Applicants should provide a breakdown of their teaching evaluation scores by semester and class.
- Must be a team player who is willing to provide external service.
Information required at the time of application – Please list the individual contact information for each of your three recommenders on the faculty application. At some point during the selection process, they may be contacted to submit their letters of reference electronically.
Document(s) required at the time of application - Please attach your Mission Alignment Statement, updated Curriculum Vitae, and cover letter to the faculty application.
Mission Alignment Statement: BYU is committed to hiring faculty members who enthusiastically embrace and energetically advance its unique mission. To this end, please include a one-page mission alignment statement as part of your application that addresses how you might, as a BYU faculty member: (1) live a life of loyalty to Jesus Christ and His restored Church and align yourself with doctrines and teachings declared by living prophets, seers, and revelators; (2) demonstrate intentionality in building faith in Jesus Christ and testimony of His restored gospel among students and others in the BYU community; and (3) teach your subject matter with the Spirit of God and strive to keep it “bathed in the light and color of the restored gospel” (Spencer W. Kimball).
Applicants who are not members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints include a one-page mission alignment statement that describes understanding of and commitment to the Mission of Brigham Young University and the AIMS of a BYU Education (https://aims.byu.edu/).
Equal Opportunity Employer: m/f/Vets/Disability
Brigham Young University is an equal opportunity employer. All faculty are required to abide by the university’s Honor Code and Dress & Grooming Standards. Preference is given to qualified candidates who are members in good standing of the affiliated church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Successful candidates are expected to support and contribute to the academic and religious missions of the university within the context of the principles and doctrine of the affiliated church.
All new employees who are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will be required to hold and be worthy to hold a current temple recommend.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*