132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Faculty Operations Scheduler
What's next for you is the first priority for us! With over 45 programs from associate to doctoral degrees, South University is a private institution dedicated to providing educational opportunities that spark the intellectual, social and professional development of a diverse student population.
Our 120-year story—past, present and future—is a history formed by the many individuals who have developed the education and spirit of community that have become our pledge to the students, faculty, staff, alumni and supporters of South University. Online and at our 8 locations and 2 learning sites, we take pride in our welcoming environment; one-on-one support and personalized attention that helps students define goals and identify the means to pursue them. Our small classes feature hands-on experiences that not only shape students’ skills and excellence in their chosen fields but also shape their characters through encouraging community involvement, volunteerism and the pursuit of life-long learning.
Visit www.southuniversity.edu today to learn more about what makes us stand apart as a place to Belong, Believe and Become, a place where you can make a difference in the lives of students eager to learn and grow.
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
- includes domestic partner coverage
This position requires the incumbent to perform all key job functions of a seasoned Faculty Operations Scheduler. The position requests in-depth and detailed knowledge of day to day Faculty Operations Scheduling Tasks. This person is a self-starter and motivated in this position. Due to peak volume times the incumbent may be required to work overtime as well as evenings and weekend hours. All work is done within the rules and guidelines of the Rights and Privacy Act and the policies of the school. Incumbent must assure that the Company philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position. Incumbent must assure that the Company philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Perform the duties and responsibilities that complement the mission and vision of Company.
- Meet all the key job elements of the Faculty Operations Scheduler position including, recruitment, scheduling, payroll, answering faculty questions and concerns.
- Faculty Operations Scheduler must also working alongside Academic Counseling to determine upcoming session needs, ensuring proper classes are filled and running, work with The Course Scheduling Team to ensure faculty are placed in open sections and customer service.
- Define the appropriate faculty staffing levels by program by course by online educational institution.
- Schedule faculty and have appropriate faculty back-up to support each academic period by program by course by online educational institution.
- Assist developing, implementing, managing, and evaluating faculty recruiting initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, education, or closely related field.
- 2-3 years of related experience such as scheduling activities, statistics reporting, and tracking.
- Experience in data and records management.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with student, faculty, and staff populations.
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
- Strong computer skills. MS Office Suite.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to work various shifts, as required by faculty needs, and faculty support representative shifts.
- Willingness and ability to recognize and solve problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted at the educational institutions in the course of work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email, video conference and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student, and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures, and perspectives can thrive.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*