132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Administrative Assistant II, School of Business
TYPE OF POSITION/EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Full-Time, Staff
DEPARTMENT: School of Business
SCHEDULE: Monday - Thursday 10:00am to 6:00pm & Friday's 9:00am to 5:00pm
REMOTE WORK ELIGILITY: Yes, only Fridays on a rotational basis during the academic year.
HOURS/WEEK and MONTHS/YEAR: 35 hours/week and 52 weeks/year
LOCATION: Molloy University Main Campus (1000 Hempstead Ave, Rockville Center NY 11571
ANNUAL SALARY: Molloy utilizes a salary calculation tool that is designed to treat all University employees fairly and maintain internal equity with-in our compensation structure. Salary for individual incumbents are determined by skills and knowledge, position relevant experience, and equity within the University.
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
Performs a variety of routine and complex administrative duties related to the Undergraduate Business Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting the Associate Dean in completing formalities for course planning, i.e., add/drop slips, closed class forms, substitution/waivers, running course schedule reports, and requesting reports from the Office of Institutional Effectiveness.
- Create and maintain folders for each new undergraduate business student: Assign/Reassign advisors as needed for program changes.
- Responding to undergraduate students’ inquiries and problems pertaining to courses and registration. Responding to the needs of undergraduate faculty and administrators. Troubleshooting, problem-solving, and researching to solve student problems.
- Initiating and reviewing course outlines and assessment material. Also, contacting publishers for obtaining textbooks and ensuring that all faculty members have the required books and other pertinent materials required for courses taught.
- Maintaining and updating Jenzabar database for each Undergraduate Business major and minor.
- Planning and coordinating programming events, such as, Sigma Beta Delta. Assisting with events, such as, Town Hall, Class Night, Speaker Series, Boot Camp, etc.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Jenzabar Software
- 1- 3 years of work related experience
- Associate Degree
- Google Drive and related apps
VACCINATION GUIDELINESS FOR EMPLOYEES AT MOLLOY UNIVERSITY
The University will continue to require that all students and employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 with the initial vaccine series. The University strongly encourages student and employees to get the COVID-19 booster when they are eligible.
- Medical , Dental, Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Remission - Undergraduate, Graduate, and Doctoral
- NY 529 College Savings Plan
- Retirement: TIAA-CREF
- Time Off - Personal, Vacation, Sick, Summer Schedule, Holidays
- Commuter Benefits - WageWorks
- Flexible Spending Account Plans (FSA)
RESPONSIBILITY FOR PUBLIC CONTACT
- Daily contact requiring courtesy, discretion, and sound judgment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustration of various types of work that may be preformed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Molloy University, an independent, Catholic University, rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.
All Molloy University employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the University's mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Molloy University does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, or military status; in its administration of educational policies, programs or activities; its admissions policies; or in employment practices. Molloy University takes its responsibility seriously to establish an environment in which the dignity and worth of all members of the institutional community are respected. In its effort to provide an optimal learning environment the University seeks the appointment of persons who are highly qualified and whose background is appropriate to fill each vacancy. It is University policy to recruit, employ, retain and promote employees without discrimination regarding sex, race, color, creed, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, national or ethnic origin or physical disability. In selecting for employment, the University is committed to the highest standard of excellence and will select the best qualified candidate. In cases where there are equally qualified candidates for positions, selection will be made from those groups of persons who have been identified by the Federal and State Governments as having been discriminated against in the past
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*