132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Director, Center for Business Analytics
Execute, direct, organize, and assist in development of academic programs, engagement programs, events, and communications involving a varied set of University and external stakeholders. Collaborate with the faculty director to provide strategic leadership, program development, and governance of the Center. Support engagement and communication with the Center’s advisory council. Administer the fiscal and administrative operations of the Center.
The Director advances the integration of business analytics into the VSB experience by overseeing, developing, and supporting a diverse portfolio of programs and initiatives, including student programming, internship and employment opportunities, stakeholder engagement programs, and curricular and co-curricular opportunities. The Director represents the Center at appropriate industry conferences and events, collaborates with other University offices and programs, and develops metrics to measure the impact of the Center within the Villanova community.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University’s mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University’s mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, execute, promote, and lead Center for Business Analytics activities, programs, and events. Advances the integration of business analytics into the VSB experience by overseeing, developing, and supporting a diverse portfolio of programs and initiatives, including student programs, internship and employment opportunities, stakeholder engagement programs, and curricular and co-curricular opportunities. Serve as staff liaison to the Business Analytics Society and other student organizations
- Develop and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders, to provide curricular, research, service, recruiting, internship, financial, and other engagement opportunities. Collaborate with VSB advancement staff to engage analytics leaders and grow the Center’s resources and Advisory Council. Manage recruitment process of new Advisory Council members by collaborating with the appropriate internal staff. Serve as an ad hoc member on the Advisory council and manage the constituents and meetings. Serve as a conduit from VSB to all parts of the university as it relates to analytics events and opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Master of Science in Business Analytics program to engage graduate students in analytics programming, develop and share program recruitment opportunities, and connect students with employment opportunities.
- Manage the operations of the Center, including budget processes and projections, financial activity, communications, and administration. Assist the Faculty Director with budget development and oversight. Create and execute strategies to promote the Center and related programs. Collaborate with the VSB Marketing & Communications team on website updates and other outreach, and other promotions. Collaborate with students, faculty, and staff across the University to build awareness for and advance Center initiatives. Develops metrics to measure impact within the Villanova community.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant project or program management experience
- Candidates must have direct experience managing multiple projects, developing and administering budgets, initiating and fostering relationships, and creating engagement strategies.
- Candidates must have experience working within the business, non-profit, or higher education environments, and have a demonstrated commitment to business analytics.
- Candidates must be proficient in all standard computer applications, including Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Demonstrated organizational and program management skills.
- Ability to work with and gain the respect and confidence of faculty, alumni, students, practitioners, and administrators.
- Creative marketing, public relations, and entrepreneurial abilities. Effectively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- The individual must have a deep commitment to the well-being of the Villanova School of Business and Villanova University, a commitment to the University’s Catholic/Augustinian heritage, and the advancement of its mission, and to serving the needs of a diverse community.
- Graduate degree.
- Preferred candidates will show demonstrated competency and expertise in the application of business analytics or data science to create value for an organization.
- Direct analytics or data science experience is preferred.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours:
Special Message to Applicants:
Closing Date (11:59pm ET):
Salary Posting Information:
Commensurate with experience.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*