Business Operations Director, Research, Economic Engagement & Outreach
Operating TitleBusiness Operations Director, Research, Economic Engagement & Outreach
DepartmentUNH Cooperative Extension Administration
Summary of Position
Acceptable minimum level of educationBachelor's
Acceptable minimum years of experience5-7 years
Additional Job Information
Other minimum qualifications
- Master’s degree preferred, preferably in business administration or related field
- Seven years of related management/administration experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Proven sound judgment and professional integrity
- Experience working with grants and federal funding
- Experience with Extension or at a higher education institution
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with professional staff and partners
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work independently as well as within cross-functional teams in a collaborative, professional environment
- Experience with financial analysis and forecasting
Quicklink for Postinghttps://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/50946
Percent Time Information (FTE)1.00
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or marital status.
Open Until FilledYes
Posting Open to Internal Candidates Only?No
Interested Internal Candidates Exist?No
Job CategorySalaried Staff (Exempt)
Drivers License and Physical Requirements. Please check all items that apply.None applicable
- Analyze functional spending trends and identify the primary drivers of variance to forecast, plan and prior periods for UNH Cooperative Extension and REEO.
- Provide proactive insightful financial analytic business support to the vice provost for outreach and engagement and associate vice president and chief research administration officer.
- Perform payroll analysis for budgeting and expensing payroll.
- Conduct special analyses, assuming responsibilities for the quality and effectiveness of the studies and analyses.
- At month-end, perform a variety of regular functions involving fiscal interpretation and analysis, profit and loss, and reviews of multiple accounts and transactions for UNH Cooperative Extension and Research, Economic Engagement and Outreach (REEO).
- Assist with the development of the annual budget plan and projections.
- Effectively communicate monthly financial reviews with stakeholders and USNH finance directors.
- Analyze and monitor internal purchasing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and travel processes and create, recommend, and implement procedural enhancements that comply with USNH policies and procedures for education and general (E&G) and auxiliary funds.
- Drive continuous process improvement leveraging best practices, standardization, and automation to enhance the efficiency of the planning and reporting processes for REEO and UNH Cooperative Extension.
- Identify, prioritize, and resolve business operations issues; probe beyond stated situations; identify underlying issues; and recognize exceptions. Participate in developing solutions that may require policy changes or the development of new processes. Maintain broader organizational perspective in decision making.
- Assist in special projects as needed.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
*Please mention you saw this ad on BusinessSchoolJobs.*